Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

08-Dec-2019

Sunday morning, I went to a food store in Chicago, IL, for an appearance by Chicago Bulls legend Horace Grant. I was able to get 4 cards signed by Mr. Grant, for free, although I gave him a silver to use for the two darker cards, and the silver came out really bad. It was an unused silver Sharpie, but it just wasn't happy. I have terrible luck with silver.

Photo of the Horace Grant sigs:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 397
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

10-Dec-2019

Monday evening, I went to an appearance by Chicago Bears backup quarterback Chase Daniel at a Goodwill in Skokie, IL. He first filmed a segment about shopping for holiday gifts at Goodwill for his teammates, and then did a segment on wrapping the gifts, before signing 3 cards for me, for free.

Photo of the Chase Daniel autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 400

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

10-Dec-2019

Tuesday evening, I went to a library in Naperville, IL for an appearance by Chicago Wolves (Las Vegas Knights AHL affiliate) center Jake Leschyshyn, who is the son of former NHL defenseman Curtis Leschyshyn. Jake is in his 1st year with the Wolves, and he answered questions and signed autographs. I got two cards signed, for free.

Photo of the Leschyshyn autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 402

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

14-Dec-2019 (Part I of II)

This morning, I went tot he Blackhawks Blood Drive in Rosemont, IL, where there was an appearance by former Blackhawks winger Eric Daze. Mr. Daze signed three cards for me, for free.

Photo of the Daze autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 405

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

14-Dec-2019 (Part II of II)

Last night, went to the Windy City Bulls versus Austin Spurs G League game in Hoffman Estates. From the Bulls side, before the game, I was able to get two autos on cards from Denver Nuggets 2019 draft pick Bol Bol, and after the game, 1 autograph on a promo 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 card by Chicago Bulls two-way player Max Strus, and 1 auto on a promo card by Windy City forward Dayon Goodman.
    From the Austin Spurs, before the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by the 19th overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft Luka Samanic, 3 cards signed by the 29th overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft Keldon Johnson. The 49th overall pick, Quinndary Weatherspoon said he would sign later. After the players were done warming up, the coaches came out, and the Austin Spurs have former Louisville star and NBA player Reece Gaines as an assistant coach. I asked him to sign two cards as he was walking by me, and he mumbled that he would put his stuff down and sign, but he never did. At the half, after the players came out, I saw Gaines come out again, all by himself. I asked him again if he would sign the two cards, and he finally agreed, but while he was signing them (and "R" and a squiggle), he says "Let me know how much you get for them." Pretty rude for an NBA player who played a total of 71 games with a 1.7 ppg over 3 years. Finally, after the game, Quinndary Weatherspoon came over and signed 3 cards for me.

Photo of the Windy City autos:

Photo of the Austin Spurs autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 419

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

It's so nice to see how much time Reece puts into his signature! That is so frustrating, the egos present in sports, and as you said, its not exactly like he is a Hall of Famer, or a household name!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910