Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

Nice get. It looks like that guys going to be a big star.
    Collecting Topps Brewers. I PC Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Christian Yelich, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Nice get. It looks like that guys going to be a big star.

I think so to, and he really has a great attitude and seems to have fun while playing
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

24-Aug-2019 (Part II of II)

In the afternoon/evening, I went to see the Milwaukee Milkmen play at Routine Field in Franklin, WI. The Milkmen are a new team in the American Association, and have a few players with cards. I was able to get 1 autograph on a card from former Brewers prospect Angel Ventura, and 3 autos on cards from former Colorado Rockies reliever Manny Corpas. I was unable to get any autographs from former Twins prospect Adam Brett Walker. The new stadium is gorgeous, but there is limited space to be able to interact with the players, based on how the built the dugouts, bullpen, and stands.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 330

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Aug-2019

The other day, I went to an appearance at a bar in Hoffman Estates, IL by former Chicago Blackhawks and current Minnesota Wild winger Ryan Hartman. I believe that the bar is owned by his parents, and so once a year before training camp, he signs there. I got three cards signed, for free.

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 333

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

01-Sep-2019

This past Sunday, I went to the 2nd to last Chicago Dogs home game. On Sundays, the whole team comes out and signs before the game, so I thought I would get one more Zambrano. Well, Carlos apparently flew back to Miami the night before after starting, so he was not with the team, which stinks. Oh well. I was able to get 1 card signed by starting pitcher Austin Wright, 1 card signed by former Blue Jays prospect Gustavo Pierre, 2 cards signed by former Phillies prospect Kelly Dugan, 3 cards signed by former Tigers pitching prospect Casey Crosby, 1 card signed by manager Butch Hobson, and 2 cards signed by former Chicago White Sox prospect, and Dogs slugger Keon Barnum, who hit is 31st home run in the game, and set the American Association record for home runs in a season. He was also named league MVP 2 days later.

Photo of the autographed cards:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 343

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

End of season games sometimes are the best

Hope Butch is doing OK.
    He was pretty sick over in Lancaster PA a couple of years ago when he was mgr there. His son KC still plays there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

Even without Zambrano, a good haul.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

End of season games sometimes are the best

Hope Butch is doing OK.
    He was pretty sick over in Lancaster PA a couple of years ago when he was mgr there. His son KC still plays there.

Butch is good. This is his 2nd season managing the Dogs, and before that he managed Kane County. Still feisty as ever, have seen him kicked out of more than one game for arguing!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

05-Sep-2019

Thursday, the NFL held the NFL Kickoff Experience at Grant Park, next to Soldier Field, in downtown Chicago, prior to the opening game of the season between the Packers and Bears. This was basically the same place where the NFL did the draft a few years ago. There was an autograph area, and during the day, there were autograph appearances by Richard Dent, Jim McMahon, Matt Forte, and Charles Tillman. There was also a large Madden area, where you could play Madden against Devin Hester, Ahman Green, Chad Johnson, and Michael Vick. The NFL Network was set-up and broadcasting, and I saw Kurt Warner on the stage. Admission was free.
    I started the day in the autograph area, waiting in line to get Richard Dent. Dent hasn't done many free signings in a few years, and usually at free events, he doesn't put SB MVP or HOF, however, he was putting one inscription if asked. I got a Chicago Bears mini helmet signed by Mr. Dent, and he inscribed it with HOF 2011. Then, once Dent was done, Jim McMahon was signing. Again, McMahon doesn't do a lot of free signings in Chicago, but I had him sign a Chicago Bears mini helmet and he inscribed SBXX on it, and I had him sign two cards as well. I did not want to stick around for Forte or Tillman, so I walked around. The guys playing Madden were not signing anything, and in the Verizon area, I saw Brian Urlacher doing an interview. As he walked out of the booth, I asked him to sign a card, and he had a black Sharpie in his hand, and he gave me possibly the worst Urlacher signature I have ever seen, but he still signed it. He didn't sign for anyone else, and then they drove him away on a golf cart.
    So, I ended up with 5 autographs, but I was pretty happy with the Dent and McMahon ones.
    Photo of the Urlacher auto:

Photo of the Dent mini helmet:

Photo of the McMahon mini helmet:

Photo of the McMahon cards:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 348

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice on the mini helmets plus inscriptions.
    Would love to start a collection of mini's I just do not travel as much as I use to.
    Plus as you know Jersey is not the best place to travel on the weekends

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast