Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2019

Started 2019 with a G League game 12-Jan-2019 between the Windy City Bulls and the Greensboro Swarm. Didn't need anyone on the Bulls, so I stayed on the Swarm side. I was able to get two autographs on cards from former Rockets center Chinanu Onuaku, and 4 cards signed by former North Carolina, LA Clippers, and Denver Nuggets center Joe Wolf, who is the current head coach of the Swarm.

Photo of the signed cards:
    https://beta-static.photobucket.com/...080&fit=bounds

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 6
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Jan-2019 (Brewers On Deck) [Part I of II]

After missing this event last year due to a business trip, I was able to attend the Brewers On Deck in Milwaukee, WI on Sunday 27-Jan-2019. Aside from a huge mess trying to get into the event in 0 degree Fahrenheit weather, and missing the first signers at the free table scheduled from 10 to 10:30 because of how long it took to get in, I had a good day of graphing. Brewers On Deck features 6 stages for paid autographs, and one stage with free signatures. The 6 paid stages have 4 players throughout the day, and then the free stage has 2 players every 30 minutes from 10 to 4. I went with the quantity over quality approach. This first post is just for the pitchers that I got. I was able to get 1 autograph on a card and 1 autograph on a promo 8x10 by pitcher Zack Brown, 2 autographs on cards from pitcher Adrian Houser, 2 autographs on cards from pitcher Trey Supak, 2 autographs on cards from new pitcher Bobby Wahl, 1 autograph on a card from pitching prospect Marcos Diplan (who was one of the only free signers that wouldn't sign more than 1 item), 2 autographs on cards from pitcher Aaron Wilkerson (1 card is the Heritage triple rookie card, so now I have to get Woodruff and Williams to complete it), and then I went for 1 paid autograph, and got a rookie card signed for $10 (to charity) by pitcher Freddy Peralta.

Photo of the pitchers autos:

Total pitchers autographs: 12

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 18

Last edited by arfmax; 01-28-2019 at 07:24 PM.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Jan-2019 (Brewers On Deck) [Part II of II]

Continuing from my 1st thread, I was able to get 4 autos on cards and 1 auto on a promo 8x10 by shortstop prospect Mauricio Dubon, 3 autos on cards and 1 auto on a promo 8x10 by third base prospect Lucas Erceg, 2 autographs on cards from outfield prospect Corey Ray, 2 autographs on cards from outfield prospect Tyrone Taylor, and 2 autographs on cards and 1 autograph on a promo 8x10 by outfield prospect Troy Stokes, Jr.

Photo of the prospect autos:

Finally, I got 2 autographs on cards from Brewers catcher Jacob Nottingham, 3 autographs on cards and 1 on a promo 8x10 by new Brewer Ben Gamel (1 card is the dreaded rookie combo card, now I have to find Johnny Barbato to complete it!), and 5 autographs on cards and 1 autograph on a promo 8x10 for new Brewer Cory Spangenberg.

The action 8x10's were cool, better than the 5x7's in years past, but the head shot ones for the newer players are not so nice. The Ben Gamel one scares me, actually!
    Photo of the other autos:

Total of the prospects and others: 28

Total autos at Brewers on Deck: 40

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 46

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

08-Feb-2019

This evening, I went to an appearance at a grocery store by former Coyote and current Chicago Blackhawks center Dylan Strome. Mr. Strome signed two cards for me, and a promo 8x10, for free, in Evergreen Park, IL. Haven't been many current Blackhawks free signings this year, which is a shame.

Photo of the Strome autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 49

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last night, went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Grand Rapids Drive. I was able to get two autographs on cards from former Hornets and Kings guard Marcus Thornton, and 6 autographs on cards from former Brooklyn Nets draft pick Isaiah Whitehead, both on the Drive.

Photo of the Whitehead and Thornton autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 57

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Feb-2019

Last year and this year, I have been trying to focus on getting IP autographs of players that I don't already have, however, last night, I went one town over from where I live to a bar for an appearance by former Blackhawks star Jeremy Roenick. Mr. Roenick signed 4 cards for me, and signed a promo Photofile 8x10 for me, which he personalized, for free, in Libertyville, IL. JR is one of the nicest guys, and a pleasure to meet.

Photo of the JR autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 62

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

20-Feb-2019

Last night, I went to Milwaukee for a live radio show, which featured former Bucks player Steve Novak as one of the hosts, and had a special Milwaukee Bucks guest, George Hill. During the commercial breaks, a couple people went and asked Hill for his autograph, as did I. I had three different cards on a piece of cardboard, and asked him to sign, and he looked at it and asked, 'which one?' So, I was able to get him to sign one card. I waited until the show was over, but although he was staying at the bar/restaurant, he was spending time with his family and going to order food and eat with them, so he didn't sign any autographs. I respect spending time with your family, and I'm glad to get 1 signature, but if you are doing a public radio show in the city, when the show is over, take 5 minutes and sign for the 10 people that are there, it wouldn't be that tough. Anyway, glad I got one. Host Steve Novak also signed three cards for me, he couldn't have been nicer.

Photo of the 1 George Hill and 3 Steve Novak autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 66

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

22-Feb-2019

Drove up to Milwaukee again this afternoon for an appearance at a food store by Milwaukee Bucks guard Eric Bledsoe. I have already gotten him this season at a free appearance, but I really like the way he plays, and he has been a huge addition to the Bucks since coming over last year. I was able to get two cards signed, for free, in Brookfield, WI.

Photo of the Bledsoe autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 68

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

23-Feb-2019

Not really my usual thing, but a card store mentioned that fishing star Kevin Van Dam would be appearing at a Bass Pro Shops near me on 23-Feb-2019, so I looked, and found that I have three cards from him, 2 2008 A&G, and 1 2018 Sportkings retail. So, I went to the store, and eventually found him (he was just wandering around the store by the boats, and no one who worked in the store that I asked knew where he was, or if there would be a designated time and place for autos), and had him sign all three cards, for free.

Photo of the signed Van Dam cards:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 71

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

02-Mar-2019

Drove down to a bar in Naperville, IL, for an appearance by former Chicago Blackhawks star Jeremy Roenick. I was in a card store the other day, and found 6 Roenick cards, and another store I found two photos, so I had a supply. He signed both photos, and I had him inscribe "One Last Shift" to the photo of him kissing the Blackhawks logo at center ice, and he signed three cards. I didn't want to be super greedy, so I didn't get the other three cards signed, but 5 autos for free is great!

Photo of the JR autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autographs in 2019: 76

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast