Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

09-Nov-2019

Went to Opening Night for the G League Windy City Bulls versus the Wisconsin Herd last night, at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL. No one on the Bulls have cards, so I stayed on the Herd side. Prior to the game, I was able to get 5 autographs on cards from former Phoenix Suns big man Dragan Bender, who is on assignment from the Milwaukee Bucks, and after the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by former Sacramento Kings and current 2-way Bucks player Frank Mason III. Mason did not play in the game, and came out during the anthem at the beginning, and after the 2nd half started after halftime, and really did not want to sign for the 2 people there asking him (me and a teenager). He signed two out of the four different cards I had on the cardboard.

Photo of the Bender autos:

Photo of the Mason autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 374
    Last edited by arfmax; 11-10-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Nov-2019

Yesterday, I went up with a couple of graphing buddies to West Bend, WI, for the grand opening of Billy Sims BBQ, the BBQ chain owned by former Oklahoma star Billy Sims, and the first one in the area. Mr. Sims was present, and could not have been any nicer, chatting, taking photos, signing everything you had, tons of his own photos available for free and for free autographs, plus the BBQ was quite good! Mr. Sims signed an Oklahoma mini helmet for me, and inscribed it with '78 Heisman, and signed 5 cards for me, and finally, after we ate, the three of us all bought a bottle of his barbecue sauce, and asked him to sign. He signed on the label with a silver Deco paint pen, but within seconds it started to bubble, the labels were too shiny for the Deco. He then signed on the bottle itself for the three of us using a Sharpie, which came out great. This goes along with my signed Evander Holyfield bottles in my in-person autographed barbecue sauce collection, I suppose.

Photo of the Billy Sims signed mini helmet:

Photo of the signed cards and bottle:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 381

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice on getting Sims and if the food is good then that is a plus

Ethan just wondering on your collection of bottles whether its BBQ sauce or liquor or anything do you use the product or just collect the item and never use it.
    I have not had the opportunity yet on something like that so just curious

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ethan just wondering on your collection of bottles whether its BBQ sauce or liquor or anything do you use the product or just collect the item and never use it.
    I have not had the opportunity yet on something like that so just curious

I never really wanted to have a bottle collection, frankly! I don't really drink, so the wine bottles (Bobby Hull, Tony Esposito, Mike Ditka, Christie Brinkley), mixed drink (Jenny McCarthy) and beer cans (Frank Thomas) are unopened. I tried the John Daly drink, so that one is opened, but the BBQ sauces are unopened as well.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

20-Nov-2019

Wednesday evening, I went to the 2nd home game of the season for the Windy City Bulls, against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, in Hoffman Estates, IL. The Windy City Bulls are the Chicago Bulls G League affiliate, and almost all the teams in the NBA have an affiliate, but the Denver Nuggets do not. For reasons that I cannot explain, they assigned rookie Bol Bol to the Windy City Bulls. So, this was his first home game, and there were a few more people than normal trying to get him. I stayed on the visitors side, and before the game, got two cards signed by former LA Clippers guard CJ Wilcox, and 2 cards signed by former Memphis Grizzlies 1st round draft pick Hasheem Thabeet. I had 5 different cards on a piece of cardboard, but Thabeet only signed two. Around the same time, on the other end of the court, Bol Bol went to the edge and started to sign autographs. I was standing at the Mad Ants side with a teenager who I have graphed with at these games many times, and he was running over to Bol Bol. I gave him my cardboard, which had two cards on it. He came back with 5 of his cards (all 2019-20 Panini Contenders Draft Picks) signed, and only 1 of the 2 cards on my board, the 2019-20 Panini Hoops one signed. Because the Hoops card is dark, it is tough to see the sig in the photo. I went to the Windy City side for the rest of pregame, then at half time, and then after the game, and Bol Bol would not come over again. Oh well, if he stays down, I will get him at another game. He is so skinny!

Photo of the Wilcox, Thabeet, and Bol Bol autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 386

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

22-Nov-2019

Last night, I went down the street to a bar for an appearance by former Chicago Bears tight end Zach Miller. Mr. Miller signed two 8x10's, which was the completion of the 50/50 with @Atlantaman, and then also signed a promo 5x7 and a Bears Koozie, in Schaumburg, IL.

Photo of the Zach Miller autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 390

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

Yesterday, I went up with a couple of graphing buddies to West Bend, WI, for the grand opening of Billy Sims BBQ, the BBQ chain owned by former Oklahoma star Billy Sims, and the first one in the area. Mr. Sims was present, and could not have been any nicer, chatting, taking photos, signing everything you had, tons of his own photos available for free and for free autographs, plus the BBQ was quite good! Mr. Sims signed an Oklahoma mini helmet for me, and inscribed it with '78 Heisman, and signed 5 cards for me, and finally, after we ate, the three of us all bought a bottle of his barbecue sauce, and asked him to sign. He signed on the label with a silver Deco paint pen, but within seconds it started to bubble, the labels were too shiny for the Deco. He then signed on the bottle itself for the three of us using a Sharpie, which came out great. This goes along with my signed Evander Holyfield bottles in my in-person autographed barbecue sauce collection, I suppose.

Photo of the Billy Sims signed mini helmet:

Photo of the signed cards and bottle:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 381

Billy is a solid guy I have met him a few times. We have a mutual friend. The BBQ isn’t bad, I have had better and I have defiantly had worse. They have an amazing Frito pie though. The restaurant here in Norman has some really cool memorabilia on display.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

02-Dec-2019

Yesterday, I went to a live radio show in Elgin, IL, for an interview and appearance with former NY Giants and current Chicago Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara. Prince signed two cards for me, for free.

Photo of the Amukamara autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 392

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

07-Dec-2019

Yesterday afternoon, went to a food store in Saint Francis, WI (a suburb south of Milwaukee) for a free 1-hour autograph appearance by Milwaukee Bucks forward D.J. Wilson. I was shocked at how many people showed up to this appearance, and he was only signing one item per person. I had him sign one card, and looked into going to the end of the line and trying to get another card signed, but it was absolutely packed, for a bench player. Success makes 'graphing hard!

Photo of the DJ Wilson auto:

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2019: 393

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast