Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question What is Beckett Card Plus

I saw it in the store the other day and it looks like a very thick Beckett magazine.

Does anybody know what its all about?

Does anybody have one?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

It lists everything unlike the regular Beckett does now... I think they come out quarterly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    It lists everything unlike the regular Beckett does now... I think they come out quarterly.

Is it like those big yearly books.

Because I have one from 1997 and I still use it but its outdated.

Griffey and Thomas cards book for more than McGwire and Bonds.

But it gets the job down on the vintage cards.

If that book has everything then I'll definitely pick that up for $9.99. Because I paid $19.95 for the big book.

But when I was in the book store looking for the big books I found a baseball one but it only listed sets after 1980. :(

I want one that has EVERYTHING in it. The vintage and newer releases and oddball cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

It lists complete lists of inserts that Beckett doesn't due to space restraints...supposedly. I have bought the 4 or 5 & I've found that certain sets are missing . I don't know if it was intentional or by mistake, but when you fork out $9.99 for a magazine that says they're all there, they should all be there. I just bought the Fall 2003 issue 2 days ago & haven't really looked through it that close yet. I know that I was looking for some Prism cards from 1999 or 2000 a month or so ago & they weren't listed, so I've been keeping my old issues close by for reference. I usually will go to Beckett.com for these but it's hard to do when your are at a card show.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by Rick Polus
    It lists complete lists of inserts that Beckett doesn't due to space restraints...supposedly. I have bought the 4 or 5 & I've found that certain sets are missing . I don't know if it was intentional or by mistake, but when you fork out $9.99 for a magazine that says they're all there, they should all be there. I just bought the Fall 2003 issue 2 days ago & haven't really looked through it that close yet. I know that I was looking for some Prism cards from 1999 or 2000 a month or so ago & they weren't listed, so I've been keeping my old issues close by for reference. I usually will go to Beckett.com for these but it's hard to do when your are at a card show.

Thanks for the input Rick.

That's what I was not hoping for.

Er looks like I'll just stick with the bigger book for $20.00. :(

I don't really want to go through and look up all the cards that they don't normally list and find that 50 aren't listed.

It may not seem like a big deal but that's why I spent the money on the other one. To find the oddball and vintage seeing as how they cut out a lot of those cards.

And your right I do like a hard copy of the prices so when I go to places I can do a quick check to see if I'm getting a deal or not. But its kinda tough to lug around a book that weighs a couple pounds so that's why I was hoping the magazine would be an alternative. But it looks like its not worth the $9.99.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Might as well just spring on a new big book then Peter... seems like your best bet for what you need it for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Might as well just spring on a new big book then Peter... seems like your best bet for what you need it for.

Yeah that looks like what I'm going to have to do. But I'm cheap with buying cards so its hard for me to justify another $20.00 on a card book.

SCF Rewards

If there is a Barnes and Noble bookstore near you, you can see it for free.....same for pretty much any bookstore (Waldenbooks, etc)

it's a great price guide!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by podstock
    If there is a Barnes and Noble bookstore near you, you can see it for free.....same for pretty much any bookstore (Waldenbooks, etc)

it's a great price guide!!

Yeah I do that pod but its kinda tough to take a bookstore with you when your at a cardshow or cardstore. :p

SCF Rewards

lolol..... you can always find a dealer with a current price guide of the major sports.