Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Select, another box and another hit that I was hoping for!

Stopped by the local to try my luck on SPx hockey. Busted a box and got the case hit rookie auto patch. I had watched four case breaks and getting "good cards" that I would want seemed to be really hard to pull. And I got the best in only one box.

Feeling pretty good about that I opened a couple boxes of Upper Deck series two and hit a dream box with a couple hits that I had never seen much less pulled

Rookie Flashback patch

Retro Young Guns rookie

In walks a kid about a 7th grader and he is looking for football cards. He walks around the store and goes over to an open case sitting on the floor and reaches in and pulls out a box of Select basketball. I had noticed when I walked into the store there were two boxes of 2018/19 Select sitting on the shelf. Kid puts the box back and buys his football and leaves the store.

A week ago I had bought one box of Select at a different store and had totally lucked out in pulling this card.

I figured my luck with Select was over but it had truly been an amazing dream day at the card store so I walk over to that open case. There were two boxes gone from the case. The owner told me he had seen both opened and nothing had come out. He said the two boxes on the shelf were from a different case.

Do I press my luck? I look at all the remaining boxes and see that one of the serial numbers ends in 99 Since my hockey break had been beyond crazy and with Wayne Gretzky's number being 99 I have to buy it.

First pack was a Jayson Tatum jersey card.

Couple packs later this base rookie came out.

Next pack had this card

At this point I say to the owner of the store, "You don't think there could be a Luka auto in here?"

Next pack

Wow, talk about a dream day at the card store! It doesn't happen all that often so this is a day to remember.
    Last edited by ronfir; 03-18-2019 at 09:54 PM.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Sounds like a great day at the LCS. Case hit, sharp Trae, and a Luka Hot Box, congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Wow, you got all the goods! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow awesome luck! Congrats
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/