Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How to ship cards to Canada for a few bucks.

Below are instructions on shipping cards to Canada for a few bucks.
    What you'll need:
    1 Paypal Account
    2 Printer
    3 Scale
    4 Toploaders (I recommend the BCW 240pt – they're the best value and can hold 10cards in penny sleeves)
    5 Painter's tape
    6 Team set bags (again, I use the BCW ones)
    7 Padded Envelopes (Here's 50 size 0 for $11 (holds up to 20 cards) https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-0-6x10-Kraft-Paper-Bubble-Padded-Envelopes-Mailers-Shipping-Case-6-x10/191781486947?hash=item2ca7114163:g:JxcAAOSw3WxZyDW 1 or here's 50 #3 for $15 (holds up to 50 cards) (this is the size I use below) https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-3-8-5x13-5-Kraft-Bubble-Envelopes-Padded-Shipping-Mailers-8-5-x13-5/332877781445?hash=item4d810fd9c5:g:6SMAAOSw9mFWK7B y

DSCF6972.JPG

1. To use this method the package must be less than 3/4" thick and 14" length. Seal the toploaders with painter's tape and put them in team set bags. Arrange them in a manner that will keep the package under 3/4” and tape them in place (I like to tape them to thin cardboard such as a piece of a cereal box).
    2. Log in to Paypal, then go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
    Choose First Class - Large Envelope (fill out the weight and calculate price/ add customs information)
    For the customs form, put Documents - Hockey Photos (fill out the qty, weight, value)
    3. Print, sign and date the form, affix to the envelope, drop the envelope in your mailbox.

DSCF6974.JPG

In the example above, I'm shipping 52 OPC cards and it cost me roughly $5 in postage to Canada. You can ship 20ish cards for under $3. This method is tracked until it is handed off to Canada Post (it used to be tracked all the way to the destination, but they changed that last year).

Last edited by Maggot; 03-30-2019 at 12:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Thanks for posting this. Let’s hope it will help a lot of people! Both Canadians and Americans! Not everyone is willing to pay 12$ to have their cards shipped to Canada.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

Terrific info, thank you!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi There! Is your shipping to Canada like this still working? I haven't shipped to Canada in a long time. And last time I did, it cost $8 for 1 card.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hi There! Is your shipping to Canada like this still working? I haven't shipped to Canada in a long time. And last time I did, it cost $8 for 1 card.

Can try and let us know. Someone might chime in here if they have used this post successfully.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Hello, yes it works.
    Caveat: works as well as anything being sent USPS or CanadaPost right now... which is to say that it's a gamble ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have multiple hockey cards I would like to send to various NHL players in Canada and a few in Europe to get various players' autographs.. I am coming up against a lot of problems at the Post Office in trying to successully send Self Adressed Stamped Emvelopes to Canada. Even if I send sufficient Postage, there is an issue with the Player sending the return letter back across the border using my postage. Until 2013, one was supposed to use International Reply Coupons and merely send these to the player so they could cash these in to pay for postage for return envelopes, however, the USPS no longer uses International Reply Coupons and now all reply coupons have to come fr4om the same country where they were purchased. Is there any other acceptable way for a collector to obtain autographs on their cards from players who live in Canada and Europe? Or is this no longer possible? Thank you for your time.

-Dave D.
    (Davedale0000001)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

I know that for Canadians sending for autographs in the US, they can just have a person in the US mail them a bunch of USPS international stamps. I don't know how that works going the opposite direction.
    You might try buddying up with someone in Canada to have the SASE addressed to them. Once they receive some, have them mail a padded envelope to you in the US.