Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

The Summit Show Experience, An Insane Upper Deck Prize, and My Museum! Pics, pics, pics!!!

We at Bruce C. Goaltending Museum had the special privilege this weekend to set up for our sixth ever public museum exhibit at the Summit Show 10 in Sherwood Park, Alberta on April 6 and 7 weekend.

Join us, have a quick bite or a quick drink and relive out our epic tale of the Summit Show!

Setup was on the Friday afternoon and it was a bit of work, moving around tables and getting the layout just right. That night, struggling to sleep due to the excitement of the show, I came up with a last second layout re-arrangement and it turned out fantastic on the Saturday morning. Our theme for the year was called "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" and it focused on the types of wear seen on goalie jerseys. Highlighted types of wear were blood, sweat, unrepaired tears/holes, team repairs, goalie modifications, nameplate/patch removals, puck marks, stick marks, material piling, and post transfer.

On display were 27 stunning pieces of goaltending memorabilia. Featured were sweaters worn by Marek Langhamer, Doug Keans, Martin Biron, Roman Turek, Mike Murphy, Peter Budaj, Allen York, Chris Osgood, Ilya Bryzgalov, Bill Ranford, Tommy Salo, Jaroslav Halak, Anders Lindback, Scott Wedgewood, Kelly Hrudey, Bob Froese, Mike Condon, Antero Niittymaki, Gilles Meloche, John Tanner, Eddie Johnston, Glenn Healy, Wendell Young, Cristobal Huet, Jim Carey, Mike Bales, and Ernie Wakely. A fine selection of goaltenders if I do say so myself! The surprise of the exhibit most certainly was the big hit that the Allen York sweater turned out to be. I did not know he was coaching hockey in Wetaskiwin so a lot of kids and parents were excited when they pointed out that he was their goalie coach.

The photos include all but the Bales since I forgot to take it with me on day one, but had it for day two. My bad, I got caught up in the fun of preparing for the show.

Also on the first day, I got to meet one of the great goalies of the game, Ed Belfour. I got his autograph, as well as a photo with him and I was excited about that as any goalie fan would be.

Of course, the focus wasn't only the museum. I also had my drawbox with some amazing prizes people could select and it was an even bigger hit than ever, nearly selling out all 350 prizes by the end of day two. The "Cards for Kids" bin was also a rave as kids of all ages picked free cards to take home with them. What better way to get them hooked on the hobby of cards? Sales of cards were also steady as ever.

On the evening after the first day of the show, I also got the opportunity to spend some time at a friend's house for an exclusive event featuring familiar friends in the hobby, as well as several Upper Deck representatives. It was a fun, relaxed setting with great food, great company and great times. I also ended up winning an Evan Bouchard autographed puck...not bad.

The night wasn't over, I also ended up going home with this sick beauty: a large 2018 Draft Day Ticket canvas print actually autographed by all 31 first round draft picks including Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov, Jesper Kotkaniemi, and Brady Tkachuk. Wow, that's a keeper!

The second day of the show was also success. I had a chance to wheel and deal a bit, make some trades, and then open a box at the Upper Deck booth which got me a booth redemption of a Kyle Connor autographed hat that will be shipped to me following the show.

So all in all, it was a fantastic weekend and I am excited to do it again next year!

It was great to meet everyone new to me, and to see all of the familiar faces at the show who are all too numerous to list. This hobby and this world is so small, it is always nice to see everyone, even if it is only once a year! Until the next time,

Bruce C., signing off.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Looks like you had a good time. Glad to hear it.

Pics of the museum look nice. Like that a Ranford jersey was on prominent display :)

The UD prizes look great, and cool that you got to meet Belfour!

SCF Rewards
    Country

We enjoyed your exhibit and I got quite the reaction out of Eddie Belfour when he saw my North Dakota Fighting Sioux Jersey. Til the next time.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Thats a great personal weekend for you

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for sharing, Bruce. Sounds like you had another unforgettable time at The Summit!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

That's super cool. Living the dream man.