Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Just playing catch up from last nights game which was over 3 hours long, then fireworks and post game autos. By the time my son and I went to Wawa for sandwiches for our dinner we did not get home until midnight. Add that after eating sleeping a few hours I had to getup and be at my friends house at 8 AM for my 90 lb Great Pyrenees/ Black Labs play date he has every Saturday and Sunday. Came home cut the grass showered and now doing last nights results. Was hoping to catch a nap but my wife informed she won a blueberry picking contest for today so just my luck. Cannot get her mad at me
    Anyway here is what I got last night

New Britain pre game

Goose Gozzo 6/6 1 EL 4 curtisc
    Jed Bradley 4/4 all mrmain 18
    Devin Burke 1/1 EL
    Tyler Danish 4/4 all EL
    Jared James 3/3 all EL
    Bijan Rademacher 1/1 EL
    Jose Rosario 0/1 missed him getting Bradley and did not see post game

The following did not make the trip
    Anthony Marza 0/2 on the DL
    Vinny Siena 0/1 inactive again just like last time here

Alejandro De Aza 0/6 This was a surprise. No reason given must that he did not make the trip. Will see if he shows up Sunday

Somerset post game

Duane Below 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Thomas Dorminy 1/1 EL
    Edwin Espinal 2/2 both EL
    Mike Fransoso 1/1 EL
    Scott Kelly 1/1 EL
    David Kubiak 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Chris Massey 1/1 EL
    Vince Molesky 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Brett Oberholtzer 1/1 EL
    Michael Ohlman 1/1 EL
    Justin Pacchioli 1/1 EL
    Nat Roe 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Mike Antonini 0/2 signed by Mexico talk is he may not be back by end of season
    Logan Darnell 0/2 signed by Mexico also may not be back by end of season

Next game Sunday with New Britain hope to finish Somerset

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to todays game with New Britain for autograph Sunday. It was also Hacksaw Jim Duggan day. After my graphing I am glad I did not stand in that line with the heat today.
    Anyway went I got the stadium and was standing in line for the teams autograph I noticed last nights game up. The Patriots lost but protested the last play of the game. It was an inside the park homer that was originally called out. The Patriots complained and after the league looked it over they changed it and called Flores safe as the catcher dropped the ball and was in plain view. They started from that point then went into extra innings and they still lost. So we had that time spent then a 20 minute period between games and they started again. I did not stay for the complete 2nd games as the 90 degree heat finally wore me down.
    Here is what I did New Britain pre game

Goose Gozzo 4/6 all curtisc
    Tyler Danish 4/4 2 mrmain18 help on all 4
    Alejandro De Aza 0/6 refused pre game on both and post game 1st game. Ignored everyone. Not wasting my time again
    Jose Rosario 0/1 did not come out 1st game and did not see 2nd game.

Somerset

Foxey Beyer 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Luis Cruz 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    Mike Broadway 1/1 EL
    Yovan Gonzalez 1/1 help EL
    Brett Jodie 1/1 EL
    Ramon Flores 1/1 EL
    Glen Barker 1/1 EL
    Will Kengor 1/1 EL
    Rey Navarro 1/1 EL
    Jimmy Paredes 5/5 1 EL 3 jeffpa
    James Pugliese 1/1 EL
    Alfredo Rodriguz 1/1 EL
    Liam O'Sullivan 2/2 1 AA 1 EL
    David Holmberg 2/2 1 EL 1 mrmain18

John Hunton and Gabriel Bracamonte helped with the kids today and they came out 2nd game as I was trying to MR DE AZA
    My bad for hoping he would sign instead of getting Jon and Gabriel. Will see them later this week

Next game Tuesday with York

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game against York

Talked to Mark Mason on a few issues before the game
    Asked about Ian Thomas who was suppose to start anshe was scratched. Mark said he was back at the hotel sick as a dog.
    Will try him again in 2 weeks when they return.
    I then asked about Melky Mesa who went on the 7 day DL June 24th. Mark said it was worse than they expected. He has his wrist in a cast as he had a broken bone. They are hoping to remove the cast end of week and then rehab. May be back in 2 weeks but do not hold him to it. Mark is always good to help when you ask.
    Have about 6 cards still for him. They return in 2 weeks and that is it for the regular season

York

Cesar Cabral 3/3 2 EL 1 Otter
    Carlos Franco 1/1 mrmain18
    Ian Thomas 0/1 sick did not come to stadium
    Melky Mesa 0/6 still on the DL

Somerset
    Jon Hunton 1/1 EL
    Gabriel Bracamonte 1/1 EL

In my Orioles book
    Jimmy Parades
    Cesar Cabral

Next game would have been Thursday morning but I do not feel like fighting the campers and heat for 1 player being Ian Thomas. Will work on that in 2 weeks.
    Long Island returns for their final regular season trip Friday July 26th. Hopefully I can get Fuentes this time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight's game with the Ducks had a few firsts.
    The trackman was being using for the first time.
    The next was it was a good game. A pitching duel. Ducks starter Joe Iorio pitched 8 innings giving up 4 hits and no runs.
    Patriot starter Rick Teasley pitched 9 innings giving up no hits and no walks. Not one player reached base and he left after 9 innings and the Patriots could not score. The 10th with the runner starting on second base the Ducks got their only hit off Tyler Cloyd. Again Patriots could not score and lose 1-0.
    Its so deflating to watch a perfect game get squandered.
    Anyway here is what I got signed
    Long Island

T J Rivera 1/1 Otter
    Ezequiel Carrera 3/3 all EL
    Joe Iorio 1/1 EL starting pitcher
    L J Mazzilli 2/2 both EL
    Rick Tomlin 1/1 EL
    Wally Backman 2/6 both curtisc
    Lew Ford 9/9 all curtisc
    Steve Lombsardozi 0/2 Steve was on the DL beginning of July came back on the 19th and went back on the DL the 23rd for 10 days.
    Rey Fuentes 0/8 he came out late as he did not start. Side note a grapher next to me said last time he saw Fuentes he asked him to sign in Spanish. Fuentes responded with you are lucky because I will sign just one card as I normally do not sign

Next game Sunday
    Hopefully if Fuentes family is there and I can hold off till the end of the game I will draft his family at the bus to see if he will sign like he did for pete27.
    Also have more for Wally and Lew Ford
    Last edited by adiddle; 07-27-2019 at 12:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight game against Long Island

Long Island pregame
    Wally Backman 2/4 both curtisc
    Lew Ford 4/4 all curtisc
    Rey Fuentes 3/7 all mr main18 first I needed to be pinched that he came over when I called him. He signed but all over the page.

Somerset
    David Holmberg 1/1 EL

Team Sheet
    Edwin Quirarte
    Needed Roy Merrit but did not see him

Bonus for the day
    Besides today being the Zooperstars they also had The Masked Singer contest. The singer was dressed in a carrot suit and sang slow songs.
    I was sitting on the 3rd base side and could not see the suit otherwise I would have guessed who it was as she had a cross tattoo on the side of her left eye.. When the 5th inning came up they revealed who it was and then they would be signing just 100 autographs and needed a ticket. I was number 5. Turns out it was season 14 American Idol 3rd place finisher and home town girl from East Brunswick Jax. Got to talk town talk have hugs and she was signing 6 x 8 pictures.
    Nice to have met her.

Since the next series starts Tuesday against York I only needed Ian Thomas who was released today and Melky Mesa who is still on the DL. It works out well because we are starting to do the County fair set up all the week in preparation of the fair all next week. Weather permitting I may go Thursday night for fireworks night and do some Patriots stuff.
    With this I stayed post game to get more Wally and maybe Fuentes

Post game
    Wally Backman 2/2 both curtsc
    Rey Fuentes 0/1 did not see him and I waited until the bus left so he must have left another way

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Because of my commitment to the county fair last week and family issues the week before today was my first game in over 2 weeks
    Game was against Lancaster. Went into extra innings and the Patriots won. Lancaster manager Ross Peeples did a move in the 10th inning that almost worked.
    He intentionally walk a man to load the bases with one out. He then puled in his center fielder to be 5 infielders hoping for a ground out. Only thing was our batter hit a fly to right and the runner scored on a very close play at the plate.
    The other thing was the trackman was calling very low balls for strikes and booth teams were getting hot. The home plate umpire relied on the trackman on those calls as you noticed the hesitation.
    Was hoping to complete Lancaster but did not work.
    They will be back in 2 weeks.

Lancaster

John Anderson 1/1 EL
    Alejandro Chacin 2/2 both mrmain18
    Parker Morin 4/4 all EL
    Destin Hood 0/1 missed him because I thought he was #25 and he was wearing #41
    Joe Terdoslavich 0/8 asked him if he had time he said after warm ups. Thanked him. He went thru the dug out to the other side to start warm ups and a female grapher was there and he signed for him. I cried foul and discrimination to her as I know her. She was laughing. Oh and Joe never came back.

Since it was extra innings I was going to graph the winning team post game then go out side and try for everyone else.

Somerset

Rick Teasley 1/1 AA

Team Sheet
    Teodoro Martinez

As soon as Teodoro signed the sky opened up and changed all post game signing.

Next game in 10 days against Southern Maryland and he Latos scene.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights gave against Southern Maryland
    It was very amusing watching everyone ask for Latos and to see is reaction. He would look the opposite way coming out of the tunnel.
    Then when he walked by those waiting past the dug out he would look toward center field to completely ignore them. I explained how he was but they had to see for themselves. Again very amusing.

SMD
    Joe Benson 3/7 all Curtisc

Patriots
    Zech Zencola 1/1 AA

My team sheet
    Jeff Kinley
    Junior Rincon
    Zach Dodson

Just need Chris Beck, Bobby Blevins and Roy Merritt to finish my sheet. Roy may or may not return as he is taking care of some personal issues.

Next game should be Sunday as the Patriots celebrate their Veterans Day then.
    There will be no autograph Sunday because of that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Today was the last meeting with SMD. Did not really need much and thought I would get something but low and behold today was one of the few times I came away with not one autograph.
    Today was the Veterans Day celebration. Had a great flyby with vintage WW II airplanes.
    Good to see my friends Jordan, Jeff and pete27 .
    Stories might be long winded but the truth

SMD
    Joe Benson 0/4 He came by during the ceremonies to clean his cleats and said will get me on the way back. On the way back he was back peddling while he was talking to a couple of kids and played like he did not notice me. He came by to warm up and said later. When completed went right to the dug out. Caught him in the dug out and then said after the game. My reply was thank you but I will not be here as I had to leave early. Even if I could stay I figured after 3 time pre game stories I did not trust him and since they lost who knows.

Mat Latos 0/1 I kept a card in the book as usual. Someone next to me asked Mat pre game he came out with a story I heard and he just confirmed it. Mat said his intentions were to sign post game each game but some fan in Somerset called him a Bi*ch Friday and because of that he is refusing to sign for anyone. My reply was you are punishing everyone because of one person and he replied yes and kept walking

Now because of this I missed going to the Patriots side to try for Holmberg and Beck

Chalking it up to it being amusing and playing my cards wrong and not doing the Patriots first.

Next game Tuesday vs Lancaster needing only Destin Hood and Joe T
    plus the above Patriots.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last nights game against Lancaster

Stayed until the bus was ready to leave and by the time I got home I was to tired to post.
    At least by staying today's game made up for Sunday's being blanked out as I almost completed every card

Lancaster pregame

Andrew Aplin 1/1 EL
    Jared Lakind 1/1 EL its amazing how many players in the league this year are seeing the Mexico cards for the first time
    Michael Martinez 1/1 EL
    Nate Reed 1/1 EL
    Destin Hood 1/1 EL
    Joe Terdoslavich 2/8

Lancaster post game

Joe Terdoslavich 4/6 2 EL
    Matt Marksberry 1/1 EL

Patriots post game
    David Holmberg 1/1

Patriots team sheet

Chris Beck

Just missing Roy Merritt and Bobby Blevins and I have a feeling they will not be back

Next game is tonight against Lancaster again but weather permitting will be concentrating on the NY Giants signing with Super Bowl XXV players
    Otis Anderson and Stephen Baker. I really just need Baker on a couple of cards and a mini helmet that already has Otis Anderson and Mark Bavarro. Been told there will be a limit but hope to get past that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game against Lancaster was really a signing of Super Bowl XXV NY Giants players Otis Anderson and Stephen Baker.
    Got there at 5:45 for a 7:10 signing and was the 7th person in line. It was suppose to be a one per signing so I had my son with me to try to get a Giants mini helmet and two cards signed of Stephen Baker only as I already have Otis Anderson and Mark Bavarro on the helmet. When the signing started there were only about 100 people in line at the time (it was raining so that may have kept the crowds down) so I was able to get everything signed
    While in line I was watching Lancaster warm up and I did put Joe T's 3 cards in my book just in case.
    As he was throwing I walked down to the field while my son held our place and asked him to sign as he was walking off.
    Now when I heard his reply I almost laughed but held it in. The time was 6:45 and the game starts at 7:05. Joe looked at the scoreboard and replied that it was to close to game time which was 20 minutes away and besides that the time was not on the scoreboard.
    Needless to say I held my laughter until I got to the waiting line and we all had a laugh..
    Since the season is winding down this was my last game with Lancaster and Joe T

Joe Terdoslavich 0/3 see above
    Stephen Baker 2 cards AND 1 MINI Helmet

Next game against High Point

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast