SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation HOF Celtics legend John Havlicek Passes Away At 79

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/...way-at-79.html

The Celtics have confirmed that Hall-of-Fame forward John Havlicek, the franchise’s all-time leading scorer, has passed away at the age of 79 after a battle with Parkinson’s Disease. As part of their official statement, the Celtics wrote:

“John Havlicek is one of the most accomplished players in Boston Celtics history, and the face of many of the franchise’s signature moments. He was a great champion both on the court and in the community, winning 8 NBA championships and an NBA Finals MVP.”

“Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, he is enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame… His defining traits as a player were his relentless hustle and wholehearted commitment to team over self. He was extraordinarily thoughtful and generous, both on a personal level and for those in need…”
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

“John was kind and considerate, humble and gracious. He was a champion in every sense, and as we join his family, friends, and fans in mourning his loss, we are thankful for all the joy and inspiration he brought to us.”

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Kansas City Chiefs
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

My late mother loved those Celtics teams. After Russell, "Hondo" Havlicek was her favorite. I have autographs of both in my PC.
    Collecting OKC Thunder (any player, past or present, except Durant; team name or uni must be on card), Kevin Love
    Personal Collection 50 Favorite Card Showcase (Updated 03/04/20): Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

A shame he suffered with Parkinson’s Disease.
    Was a great player.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was lucky to have grown up watching Bird. Hondo would have been my second choice.