Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow....just got off the phone with Matt at PSA cards.
    He went over the whole issue with me and informed me that PSA will stand behind their Certification as Test Issue Refractors.
    Hard to believe; this kind of stuff never happens, at least not to me...
    So now I guess I will have to send the other 20 cards in for grading...anybody looking for a full set of Test Issue cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Nice haul man!!!

Unless you want peace of mind I wouldn't grade all of those cards. Seems like you could lose out on some money if you do that. All depends on who it is and the condition. You can find a Shawn Kemp one of these ungraded in $10 range online. Jordan is the ring leader for the set like most of his stuff. A BGS 9 Grant Hill sold for over $50, a PSA 10 Ewing sold for over $60. Also saw an Anfernee Hardaway PSA 10 sell for a ton. I would do a little research on what these are selling for and just a glimpse of condition on them before grading each one. They look like in decent shape but like the Jordan the centering should be a quick giveaway as to whether you want to invest more into them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're right, that might not be best...the difficulty centering is the main reason they dumped the borders to begin with. Shame that the Jordan is OC, but at least it came back 9.
    Thanks for your interest and time looking at this, I appreciate it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update - none of the cards are refractors

In case anybody wants to use this thread for reference:
    I went and purchased a Refractor from this set and upon side to side comparison, it's incredibly easy to see that NONE of the cards I have are refractors.
    What was not easy was convincing PSA that they were not refractors. After sending them back to correct the label error THREE TIMES...YES, THREE separate shipments back to PSA over the course of about a year, I finally had to call and ask to speak to a manager or a client rep or something and explain that I will send them back one more time and please relabel them as base cards. That seemed to have gotten their attention as their 4th trip back to PSA resulted in a correction and a $45 grading voucher from one of their execs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

3 times to convince the so called leader in the card grading business that these are not refractors????? Shameful. And to think millions of cards are being entrusted to them for fair grades and professional authentication / certification. In the early days of PSA they were proud of their grading team. People who had experience and were trusted in the industry. It's frightful that the graders today might be people who just don't give a *bleep*.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12