Tonawanda, NY – Dave & Adam’s, considered one of the largest trading card dealers in the hobby, has added industry veteran Reed Kasaoka as its Director of Acquisitions.
“I heard a rumor that Reed was planning to go out on his own and start a new company,” said Adam Martin, owner of Dave & Adam’s in Buffalo, NY. “The leadership team of my company and I decided we absolutely needed to have him back at Dave & Adam’s.” Kasaoka was previously employed there from 2004 through 2010.
“We essentially considered him a “free agent”, who would be pursued by many companies very quickly, and didn’t waste any time making him an offer to re-join the company.”
Kasaoka has enjoyed a one-of-a-kind 30 year career in the industry, learning the ropes from setting up at card shows in the 1980s while still in high school. After working for his local card shop throughout college, he opened Best of the Best in Sportscards in Hawaii and ran it for seven years before becoming the head buyer at Dave & Adam’s in 2004. Since 2010, he had been the head buyer at Baseball Card Exchange, and now rejoins the company that first put him on the national stage. He will still be traveling all over the country year-round, acquiring collections full of unopened product, vintage sets and singles, and autographed memorabilia.
“It’s been a wild last couple of months working out the transition, but it’s wonderful to be back with Dave & Adam’s,” said Reed Kasaoka, who still resides in Buffalo. “I’m excited about this new challenge at this stage of my career, and look forward to expanding our reach across several different product lines. Most importantly, my wife will be happy to have me home more often, now that the office is only a 15 minute drive away.”
Reed is currently looking to purchase the items:

• Unopened Boxes/Cases – All Years, All Sports & Non-Sport
  • Pre-1970 Sets & Single Cards (Graded & Ungraded)
  • High End Newer Singles Collections
  • Autographed Memorabilia
  • Graded Comics

Have items to sell, contact Reed today to set up an appointment! Reed can be reached at [email protected] or (808) 372-1974.

The post Reed Kasaoka Reunites With Dave & Adam’s appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...