Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - May 8, 2019 - Need your Input!

Hope all is going well! In full disclosure I have been gone quite a bit over the last month. Took the family out to California (Disneyland and San Diego and 2 baseball games) for about 10 days then immediately after that, I flew to Budapest, Hungary for a week of work (I go back on 18 May for another week to support my day job/family).

Angels Stadium Seats and Petco Park Seats
    angels.jpgpetco.jpg

Hungarian Parliament from the River Danube
    hun_par.jpg

OK, enough about my life outside of SCF.

So, I wanted to provide an update to the site, what is going to be happening, etc.

I did have discussions about selling SCF and it's assets with a couple of parties. Without getting into great details, I have made the decision to keep SCF and it's assets for the foreseeable future. With that said, I will be looking to make some significant enhancements over the next year to the site itself. Some of the items with me subtle but others I do foresee as being significant.

One of the significant changes that I want to attack is having a MUCH better mobile experience on SCF than there is today. The SCF App is has limitations that cannot be overcome without some development being done. What I mean is that the SCF App (by Tapatalk) is good for the Forums, but sucks to interact with the other tools like the Inventory Manager, the TTM Manager and Calendars.

Speaking of tools and information, if you know about a Show in your local area, please add this to the Card Show Calendar --> https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/show/calendar

As it relates to Releases, I am going to be working much more proactively to get the releases on the Calendar and provide the updates when we have them. --> https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/release/show/

If you see something missing (or not correct) - please alert me or @mess0312 -

However, I want to open a topic for discussion. The only rule that I ask is you keep it professional (meaning you can be mean, but not profane) - so, I want to ask the following

What would like to see change on SCF? Please post replies here or you can privately contact me.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 05-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See squarefootcards's Items on eBay

hi, thanks for all you do , for us collectors.. i would like to see fast download time , no biggie, but it annoy sometime to have to wait.. other wise i like the forum as it is ..and welcome back home . seem like you travel alot.. stay safe!! the hobby need collectors like you
    thanks once again
    TooTallToma

BANNED

Country

Scott,

Glad to see you are taking time to spend with your family.

You have no complaints from me. I like this site over many others that I am on, the best part is the Trade Manager page.

One suggestion would be maybe to clean things up a bit to delete some threads that the people are done with. I know some people leave at the end to close the thread comments.

Other than that keep up the great work on here, we are lucky to have a great site to connect with many people across the globe to continue our great hobby. I hope everyone continues to try and promote the hobby to the newer generations. My 5 year is loving the card and sticker collections.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Scott,

Love the forum and super glad that you are going to keep running the forum yourself. This place has been great to me; i have made plenty of deals with amazing collectors and have made many interactions with great people who are interested in the same hobby.

Thank you for all you do !

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (52)
    Country

I would love to see a system of some sort implemented where you can enter a card/player's name into a database (that is shared to a point) that also has the photos for said card(for generic non patch cards and such) so that it isn't necessary to photograph every single insert you may have. I know that it would need people to upload said photos and add details but it is doable with the right card and excel shared document or online photo hosting service. It would be handy to have on the phone so I wouldn't have to upload the photos to my laptop or flickr first

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Kansas Jayhawks Kansas City Chiefs
    See CrownTownCards's Items on eBay

Hello! I am newer to the site. I have really enjoyed using the inventory manager and uploading hi-res photos of my PC!

I don't know if there is a practical solution for this but many of the images I attempt to upload from my phone seem to be outside of the requirements. I end up using the compress app and then I upload the the compressed file with no issues. I wonder if similar software could be integrated to automatically resize uploaded images (similar to the process seen in the "compress" app).

Another suggestion I have would be to have a single tab for inventory with radio buttons to filter PC/TOUT.

I love the site and glad I found it! Thank you!

Dan
    Crown Town Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Indianapolis Colts

I think you hit the big one for me, the phone app is lacking features. Other than that great!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Faster performance

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

If I were to pick one thing to improve it would be query responsiveness. I have no idea what technology is powering the backend but just based on how things "feel" it seems you're using a relational database of some kind - MySQL maybe? Have you considered perhaps a true Microsoft SQL Server instance in Azure? Azure usage-based pricing is super cheap compared to true "server hosting" and I would imagine the performance users would feel when just clicking stuff on the site would be massively better

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theprofessor787's Items on eBay

welcome back Scott, glad you had some time to enjoy with the family. I've been part of this forum for a long time and specially like that we have a trade manager, something other forums dont have. Thanks for trying to improve the site although i like it as it is

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast