Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

Maximum # of items to send??

Recently I started sending two cards to some "harder-to-get" players, always offering one to the player so he could surprise another fan with a free autograph (or simply keep it himself). I worry though that sometimes the player might see the two cards come out of the envelope and immediately junk the whole package because they're assuming I want more than one auto.

What does everyone think? Has anyone had success offering cards as a thank you?

Todd
    Yankees + Todd Greene collector. There are tens of thousands of Yankees I need. My grail card is a 2005 Topps Pristine Fielder's Choice Glove Relics #TG Todd Greene.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @musclebeech See Musclebeech's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

I've sent plenty of "extra" cards offering them to the recipient as trades or to give to another autograph seeker. (When I do this, I always include a note in my LOR indicating something about the extra/duplicate card) On some occasions, I've received a replacement card in return for one of the keepers. Generally speaking, the player doesn't return the ones I've offered. Hopefully they have gone back to someone else, but it's tough to tell. I usually look in the TTMM to see if anyone on the list received an extra card, but generally I don't see much of that noted.

My general feeling is that if you send more than one item, receiving anything more than one item returned is a bonus (unless you've paid a fee/donation for the autograph request).

SCF Rewards
    Country

I send 8x10s for my TTMs and I always put 2 in there, that is usually my max. I have gotten some returns where there is only 1 8x10 returned or i get back both one signed one not signed. For example I sent a request to Drew Brees, I sent one 8x10 of him holding the Lombardi Trophy and I sent a second picture I had taken at the Packers Saints game in 2017. I got both 8x10s back but only the one with him holding the Lombardi Trophy was signed. But, there are also times where I have gotten more than I sent. I sent to Tim Dwight a while back and sent my normal 2 8x10s and when I got the return back not only had he put in my 2 8x10s signed he added an extra signed 8x10. I must have wrote a really amazing LOR lol

my personal feeling is anything over 2 for 8x10s or 4 for like cards would be overkill.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmyz86's Items on eBay

99% of the time, I'll only send one item. If I have two cards that I can't choose between, I send both and mention that they're both going in my collection. This usually results in both cards coming back signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@PackerBum9786 I agree, more than two would turn me off if I were getting autograph requests sent to me lol

I personally would rather see the same person send me one card or 8x10 per envelope four individual times than try to get three cards done at once

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@OC22 I prefer only sending one card too, but I do love when a player tosses in an extra card lol that's happened to me three times this year already!