Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anthony Davis RCs - buy, sell, or hold??

I'm mostly a baseball guy but a couple of years ago I was obsessed with picking up Anthony Davis RCs. Seems like his stuff is hot right now with the trade to the Lakers.

For those of you that follow basketball and basketball cards closely, is it a good time to buy, sell, or hold AD rookie cards? Don't want to hold them too long but don't want to move them too early either.

Unfortunately I made a HUGE mistake of sitting on my hoard of Jose Ramirez (Indians) rookies last summer when he was tearing it up, before he cooled off completely over the last few months of the season. Of course he's hitting just over .200 this season with only 5 home runs.

Thanks,
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Odds are his cards will go up as soon as Lakers season starts end of October. I would probably sell the low end stuff between now and then. But if you have some higher end rookies, autographed rookies, or prizm colored parallel rookies, hold onto to them for a bit. Hopefully if Lakers can win a title next season, those cards will go up alot and then would be the time to sell.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

As long as it is his rookie cards they will sell no matter what time of year it is. That being said it might depend on what cards you have as to when you could get more money. If have a bunch of autographed cards, super low numbered, high end cards I would wait until different peak times. You will have more people looking at them with a Lakers crowd added on now. His nicer rookie cards and future Lakers cards will be a hot commodity.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If his lower end stuff is selling hot I would dump that for a quick profit. Hold the high end stuff because if they win a championship or he wins the MVP his high end rookie stuff will skyrocket to sickening prices.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Whatever you decide to do, I'm surprised there are still some 2012-13 boxes left. There was a brief upswing in the product moving during the Finals with Kawhi, but you'd think even more would move now that Davis is in LA. That class is so deep even beyond those two (Kyrie, Klay, Lillard, etc.) and you can get rookie autos of so many stars, with a lot of rookie-auto-heavy boxes around $100 or less. I'm not buying much now, but if I still were, I'd be looking into product from that year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Mark my words, I see a down swing in Davis items. Especially playing with Lebron. I can't see that team working together. Laker Fans would like him with their present jerseys, unless items are rare. I personally do not have much of either Davis or James