Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

Printing my own 8X10 pictures to send, are online pictures copyrighted?

Do you usually buy 8x10 photos to send, or are you able to take pictures off the internet to make your own?
    Just figured it was worth asking, to avoid breaking any rules accidentally!

Thanks,
    Matt

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

I always use internet photos, I think they are considered public domain, if there is no copyright logo.

How that helps, God bless!

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photos on the internet are ALWAYS property of their creator. The only images on the internet that are not subject to copyright laws are ones that are published under a Creative Commons license allowing public use.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

If you intend on selling these photos, you should only use photos that you have purchased the rights for, or have been published with either a Creative Commons license or are now part of public domain. Photographers spend a lot of time and money on their equipment and their craft, and deserve to be reimbursed for their efforts.

I don't use CC or public domain images on my custom cards because I am never going to sell either the digital images or the physical cards that I print out.

But KCLJ is 100% wrong that all images on the internet are "public domain", that's simply not the case.