Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - July 17, 2019 - Testers needed for Site Updates!!

Members -

I want to provide an update on some work that is being on SCF. However, before I do this, I want to provide a bit of history of SCF for those that do not know this

Since 2003, SportsCardFroum has grown into a great community site. It's made for cards collectors, by cards collectors. There are no employees, just members like you, that volunteer to help make SCF a better place for all it's members. In the beginning, SCF was just a forum and in 2007 the first custom application that SCF offered was the Trade Manager. This allowed members better viability to track deals made.

Then in 2009 the Through The Mail (TTM) Manager v.1 was launched. For those that are not aware, you as a member can seek addresses to sent out autographs as well as adding known addresses. Then in 2010, The Card/Inventory Manager v1 was launched. Over the years, we have made updates/modifications to the tools

However, over the last few weeks, @CoolHandLuke has been busy! We are planning a new release for all thee custom applications we host. The Trade Manager (TM), the Through The Mail Manager (TTMM) and the Card/Inventory Manager (IM).

What will jump right to you is a new layout and new arrangement of colors. While all three applications will have the same functionality, there will be changes.

First, the header of the applications will be almost identical to the forums - meaning you'll be able to see if you have Private Messages/ Notifications your SCF Reward Point Balance. However, the overall layout is going to be changing.

So what is changing?

All three applications are totally MOBILE BROWSER friendly. The applications will be using a responsive method in order to adapt to you screen. All three applications offer three mode

• MOBILE: for screens smaller then 800 pixels
    • TABLET: for screens in between 801 pixels and 1280 pixels
    • DESKTOP: for screens over 1280 pixels

As for the layout, you will see the following
    • MOBILE: give you 1 column in all time
    • TABLET: give you 2 column in all time
    • DESKTOP: give you 3 column most of the time, using two if needed for wider content.

Mobile Layout
    mobile.PNG

Tablet Layout
    tablet.PNG

Desktop Layout
    desktop.PNG

The content in those columns will be determined, but like to include the Card Show Calendar, Product Release Calendar, User Successes from the TTM, links to get your SCF profile, etc,

Now, what is the timeline for this?

We are targeting a release in August/September (yes, next month) but before we can, much testing is needed and we need people to test! If you use the TTM or the Inventory Manager on a regular basis AND are willing to help us find issues with the tools, please reach out to Roger, Luc or myself.

I will be planning do to something for those the help out... not sure what that is yet.

Some other notes

• Any issues currently found in the currently applications will NOT be addressed in the current versions. All of the changes will be done in the new versions of the tools.
    • I will NOT be at Nationals in any capacity this year. I have to take Olivia to New York to see our research doctors for her medical condition August 1 and 2.
    • I will be in Cincinnati during the Week of Aug 4 and Houston the following week. After this, I should be home for the balance of the summer; however, my time is going to be dedicated to this work being done.

As always, please reach out with comments/questions,
    Scott

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Can't wait to see the new version! I use the IM constantly so could definitely help if needed @scottkoz20 @patriotsguy @CoolHandLuke
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I can try and help anyway you may need please let me know

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See sportfreaks232's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow good job gang

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

These screenshots would be more accurate has it's made so it react at the first width we are presented with. if we do not have the information, we send a mobile format.
    This mean any new person or a member who just deleted his cookie then you will see the mobile format. Once you click once on a link, then I will have the information on your device width and will store it inside the cookie for all other click to have the info.

So if you connect with a cell phone, you will only see the mobile skin.

If you connect with a tablet, then it depends on the resolution of the device.
    Like on my iPad, I have 768 X 1024 pixels. Then while in landscape, I get the tablet mode but if I go Portrait then I fall back into mobile mode.

Here a screenshot from a 1920 desktop screen resolution. I just made it 960 pixels for the post.

Now the next one is the tablet version no resizing. Note that in tablet mode, the third column will show after the column 1 and 2 are done.

Then here a screenshot of a mobile look. While not at a smaller resolution (I am testing at 360 pixels of width this image is much larger at 485 pixels

Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Mets New Orleans Hornets

I use TTM manager regularly and am happy to help however I can; just let me know and I'll do the same if I see anything in the new version that needs to be tweaked.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I use TTM manager regularly and am happy to help however I can; just let me know and I'll do the same if I see anything in the new version that needs to be tweaked.

I sent you a PM for the Private testing forum access. Thank you for helping out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

cool. I like it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Denver Broncos

Great job Guys if I can help please let me know how. Thanks George

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Tell my favorite card pack picker that I am thinking about her when I am at the National hopefully the Doctor can give her good news & keep me posted on when I can do my thing Scott
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast