Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

I Am Always "Aubin" To Adding A New Piece Into my Collection! Nicely Photomatched!

Here is the second of three new pieces that I acquired for my collection during my recent visit to New Jersey and the Meigray Expo. Like a broken record with the needle repeating the same loop, I say again, if you like all things goaltending and goaltending memorabilia, don't forget to "LIKE" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook and follow @BrCGoalieMuseum on Twitter!

Anyways, onto the show and tell.

Born on July 19, 1977 in Montreal, Quebec, Jean Sebastien Aubin was a solid goaltending talent in between the pipes for the Sherbrooke Faucons in the QMJHL. His skill got him drafted 76th overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1995. He played two additional seasons in juniors (with various teams) before turning pro in 1997-98. In that first year, he split time between the ECHL and AHL, though his AHL numbers were not inspiring at the time with a 4.11GAA and a slightly better than 0.855% save average. The next year, he played the majority of the season with the IHL's Kansas City Blades, however he was given his chance in "The Show" several times. His NHL debut came on October 21, 1998 against Tampa Bay. Coming in relief of Peter Skudra, Aubin was destroyed in his debut, stopping 0 of 2 shots thrown at him. Ten days later, he was given his first start and again, he struggled, stopping only 11 of 15 against Edmonton. He slowly got into the NHL groove, however, recording his first win on November 5 and then his first career shutout on November 7, 1998. He ended up appearing in 17 total NHL games that year with two shutouts and four wins to show for it. By the next season, he had jumped his way to overtake the starting role completely on the squad. He appeared in a career high 51 games recording a career best in wins (23). By 2000-01, he had fallen to the number two role behind Johan Hedberg, however, despite appearing in 15 less games, Aubin still recorded 20 wins. Aubin was held between 21 and 22 games a season for the squad for the next three seasons afterwards before being made expendable with the additions of Marc Andre Fleury and other up-and-coming young prospects. This was of course also due to the squad's mighty struggles in the 2002-03 and 2003-04 campaigns where the Pens were one of the worst teams in the entire NHL. The Toronto Maple Leafs then took a chance on him and despite his late season call-up in 2005-06, Aubin proved that he wasn't done his NHL journey yet. He recorded an otherworldly 9-0-2 record with a 2.21GAA and a 0.924% save average in his 11 games with the squad that year. The following season, he was the full-time backup to Andrew Raycroft, though he struggled quite a bit, recording some of the worst numbers of his career. The following season, the Los Angeles Kings signed him and things did not improve. After 19 games, he was traded to the Ducks, and despite call-ups, he never saw NHL action ever again. He played in the AHL with Philadelphia in 2008-09, before heading to Germany where he ended up playing three seasons. After three additionally strong campaigns in Italy and France, Aubin retired from professional play at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season.

In his career, JS Aubin appeared in 218 games, recording an 80-83-11-5 record with seven shutouts, three assists, a 2.93GAA, and a 0.900% save percentage. He also appeared in one playoff game for one minute, facing no shots.

What you are looking at right now is a game worn Pittsburgh Penguins home jersey used by Jean Sebastien Aubin during the 2002-03 NHL season. It features stunning wear and is indicative of his battling spirit despite the adversity of playing for a weaker Penguins squad at that time.

Acquired from: Mike Hogan of Ice Violence

Dates of Game Use:
    December 19, 2002 vs New Jersey (31-34, 3-1L)
    December 28, 2002 vs Montreal (20-22, 3-2W)
    December 30, 2002 vs Atlanta (23-26, 3-2OTL)
    January 9, 2003 vs Toronto (18-21, 4-2L)
    January 11, 2003 vs NY Rangers (8-11, 3-1L)
    January 25, 2003 vs Chicago (23-26, 5-3W)

Could possibly be more games as well from earlier in the season, though photo and video is extremely tough to locate.

Photomatched: Yes (the card on the match clearly shows the mark on the beak of the Penguin)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome Aubin jersey! Incrtedible wear on the jersey as well.

Nice to get a photomatched card !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content