Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I apologize for messing up your game, however I have read the first page .... If you want me to eliminate only the players listed that is fine.... I just think outside of the box, kinda controversial, and would rather eliminate players I actually saw play... Well that, and the first page isn't updated when I have an opportunity to post...

But I will go to the first page and select a couple that have not been X'ed......

You are not messing up anything.

Again, the entire exercise is to whittle down the HOF list to only an NHL sized roster. Every single player in the HOF, and nobody else, is listed. All I'm saying is that if you look at the first page... you'll see there are a lot of names crossed off. There is no point in mentioning them, because someone else already has.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm axing another pair of netminders today:

George Hainsworth: Again, I'm dropping anyone who player before Gordie Howe was a rookie.

Gump Worsley: Hard to knock him, but we all know that he wouldn't get voted as a top 2 goalie in the Montreal HOF, much less the hockey HOF.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Two more defensemen goe

Harry Cameron D Only appeared in 129 NHL games primarily in the 1920's. Worn 2 Stanley Cups with the Toronto Arenas and St. Pats. Cameron used a curved stick and was a prolific scorer as an offense minded defender. He scored multiple hat tricks and averaged more than a point per game. However, Cameron played in a bygone era and his weight, barely 150 pounds, makes it unlikely he could succeed in the modern game.

Harvey Pulford D A charter member of the Hockey Hall of Fame who captained the great Ottawa teams of the early 20th Century. Never played in the NHL.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, it's starting to get difficult now...... Bunch of great players that belong in the HOF, however for today I will eliminate the following"

Bob Pulford and Ron Francis...

Pulford: Well because I don't think the guy was even selected as a player , I'm pretty sure he's in the HOF as a "builder".... Not only that but as a Hawks fan, the guy was not the greatest GM or coach and the Hawks (Stan Bowman) actually removed him from the organization entirely and gave him a desk in the basement of Wirtz Liquor distribution co...... I'm surprised he hasn't been eliminated already... But I understand as a player he was good, but not HOF good - I mean he's probably in for basically dedication to hockey + he wasn't too shabby of a player.... Of course I never saw him play so my rejection is based on assumptions and what he did with the Hawks after he retired, and honestly I'm shocked he's even in the HOF....

Francis: He was a fantastic player but was never "great" compared to all these other centers.... Don't get me wrong the guy was certainly one of those players that played a key role in the Penguins back to back Cups in the early 90's... It's difficult to call him out but compared to guys like Trottier or Yzerman etc, he's just not in that tier.... He needs to be bounced. But as a hockey fan I have tons of respect for him, and IMO he is indeed a HOF'er, he's just not on the level of others...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two more defenders off the list

Joe Hall D Played in the first two seasons of the NHL appearing in 37 games.

Red Dutton D His induction into the HOF was due to his roles as an executive and league president.Duttom tallied 96 points during his 449 games in the NHL. His career spanned the 1920's and 30's

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I'm continuing with the defense

Dit Clapper D Enjoyed a 20 year career spent entirely as a member of the Boston Bruins. Clapper was a 6 time all star and played on 3 Cup winners. Tallied 474 points in 824 games so he was no stranger in the offensive zone. I'm removing him because I believe there are other defensemen more deserving of membership on the all SCF team

Lionel Conacher D- Played 498 NHL games over 13 seasons while scoring 186 points in the 1920's-30's. Three time all star and twice a member of a Cup winning team. Conacher was well known for athleticism as he played professional football, baseball and hockey while also being an outstanding wrestler, boxer and lacrosse player. He was named Canada's most outstanding athlete in the first 50 years of the 20th Century. Eliminated because there are other defensemen I prefer above him.
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 09-02-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

knocking off another pair of goalies today:

Harry Lumley and Turk Broda.

Both had long, respectable careers in the NHL. They both surpassed the 300 win milestone, which is very impressive for goalies from that time period. However, with the other HOF'rs on the list, I don't see them on my final roster.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Newsy Lalonde D–R Lalonde was primarily a goal scoring forward who had an outstanding but brief career in the early days of the NHL. He scored 167 points in just 99 games and is considered one of the greatest players of his era. Small in stature, at 5'9" and 170 pounds. Lalonde had a reputation as a violent aggressive skater. I'm removing him because he really wasn't a defenseman, his brief NHL career occurred in the 1910's and his size would be considerably smaller than modern defenders.

Marcel Pronovost D A 20 year NHL career with the Red Wings and Leafs included 6 Stanley Cup titles. However a lengthy career only produced 4 all star appearances and no individual awards. He averaged 17 points/season. I can't consider him to be one of the elite D men who will survive this elimination process.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two more D men
    Jacques Laperričre D A member of the dominant Habs teams of the 1960's and 70's. Played on 5 Cup winners and 4 all star teams. Won a Norris and Calder. His 12 year career was cut short by a serious knee injury. A much heralded D man in his day, but not among the all time elite.

Buck Boucher His long career spanned 3 decades but was limited to 450 NHL games as one of the original players. He won three Cups. Played in an era when the professional game was still in its infancy.His small stature and 10 points/season average get him the boot.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Habs fans and my fellow goalies will hate me for this one I'm sure, but I'm going to have to eliminate Ken Dryden (G) from the list today.

He had a fantastic career no doubt, but compared to some of his HHOF goalie counterparts, his NHL career was relatively short compared to other goaltenders, as Dryden only appeared in 7 full NHL seasons in his career. So for that reason, he's out in my mind when creating a HOF team like this.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast