Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast
    Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Bun Cook[A] LW Career spanned the 1920's and 30's. His 295 career points are overshadowed by other LW's on this list.

Lester Patrick D–G–R Undoubtedly a legendary name in the early days of the NHL, however the game was far different in the years Patrick took the ice.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going to remove:

Mark Howe D
    Larry Murphy D

I'm not keeping the 2nd best Howe, who had been retired for nearly 20 years before being elected to the HOF.

Larry Murphy was a great dman, but we've already axed better (Coffey) if you're looking at high speed, offensive defenceman.

PrimeTimePawich
    Collecting Larry Murphy Autographed, Game-Used and 1 of 1 Cards
    Got something I might need? E-mail me at Hidden Content
    Collection: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You knew it was coming :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I'm removing two defencemen, who were among the most feared players of their respective eras:

Scott Stevens D
    Eddie Shore D

Shore: While it's tough to go against the only dman to have ever won 4 Hart Trophies, I've mentioned my personal bias a few times: I'm not leaving "pre-Original 6" players on the list.

Stevens: If I were to make an "all-era" team, of the players I watched growing up (I'm talking about mid 80s through the year 2000) he's probably one of the six..... but as great as he was, he'd only be 5th or 6th for that era, which means he's below the cut line here. Tough as nails, ended a few careers early, but overall I don't believe as talented as the others still on the list.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Down to the nitty gritty of D-men. Todays eliminations are:

Brad Park D One of my favorite Rangers of all time, an exciting player who knew how to move the puck up the ice. Although Park appeared in several all star games he never won an individual achievement trophy nor a Stanley Cup.

Scott Niedermayer D Won a Norris and a Smythe Trophy and appeared in a few all stars. Won 4 Cups. A system player with the Devils tenacious defensive style. Definitely not one of the 4 best D men of all time.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Down to the nitty gritty of D-men. Todays eliminations are:

Brad Park D One of my favorite Rangers of all time, an exciting player who knew how to move the puck up the ice. Although Park appeared in several all star games he never won an individual achievement trophy nor a Stanley Cup.

Scott Niedermayer D Won a Norris and a Smythe Trophy and appeared in a few all stars. Won 4 Cups. A system player with the Devils tenacious defensive style. Definitely not one of the 4 best D men of all time.

^^^^

We're going down to 4??? I assumed 6.

EDIT: Yes, going down to 6. I'll assume typo on your end :)

Anyway.... I just axed two more. There's 7 D left, so if you want to decide who doesn't make the cut, the decision is yours.... otherwise I'll do it tomorrow, lol

(Granted, someone else could come in and do it too! Come back other people ????)
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-18-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today's cuts from me:

Al MacInnis D
    Chris Chelios D

What can I say......

Chelios: He was named an all star for the first time in 1985, and for the last time in 2002. Offensively gifted, and physical. 3x Norris winner, and 3x Cup winner. Easily one of the greatest 10 dmen of all time.... just not one of the top 6, IMO.

MacInnis: His shot was feared by defenders & goalies. Only one a single Norris, and a single cup (winning the Conn Smythe). A 12 time all-star. Like Chelios, I have no bones about calling him a top-10 dman of all time.... I just don't have him in the top 6.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris Pronger D One Cup and a Norris Trophy and 5 all star appearances aren't enough to survive the final cut from this group.

Cy Denneny LW 336 points in a 12 year NHL career, pre-1930's.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's getting tougher !!

Today I'll elimate Red Kelly and Howie Morenz.

Solid career from Kelly (may he RIP), but just won't stack up to others in that role.

Morenz, for me, just can't be considered due to the era he played in just can't be compared to the modern era players, sadly.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sorry, Joe ! Murphy makes my all-time list all day long because of your collection haha

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast