Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

this is one going to be unpopular

Grant Fuhr

yes, he's a 5-time Cup winner, a 6 time all-star, won a Jennings Trophy (in Buffalo with Hasek) but lets be realistic... His Career GAA/SA is over 3 and under .900 (3.38 and 887) - I know the game in the 80's and early 90s was different, but if it was not for the fact he played on some great teams, would have have won 400+ games? He does not compare to Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, Dryden (and only 2 Goalies can remain).

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Mickey MacKay Spent most of his years playing in western Canadian leagues, pre-NHL and although his numbers were good its hard to measure the quality of his opponents. He was a small man, in size and weight, known for his skating skills. Except for a handful of NHL seasons the rest of his career is difficult to measure..
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Georgia Bulldogs New York Yankees
    See big_f_23's Items on eBay

My elimination for July 24th is Sergei Makarov. He only played 7 years, never scored more than 30 goals, never had more than 86 points, and won the calder trophy. There have to be players out there with better qualifications.
    Link to Traders/Wants: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This time: I'm laying the axe to Michel Goulet.

Goulet was a good player, but not exactly "elite". 1153 points, in 1089 games is a good number - but it was all during the high flying 80s & early 90s. His stats are inflated because of the era, and don't compare with the truly elite players from that same era. I can't find information on a single award he ever won.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

this is one going to be unpopular

Grant Fuhr

yes, he's a 5-time Cup winner, a 6 time all-star, won a Jennings Trophy (in Buffalo with Hasek) but lets be realistic... His Career GAA/SA is over 3 and under .900 (3.38 and 887) - I know the game in the 80's and early 90s was different, but if it was not for the fact he played on some great teams, would have have won 400+ games? He does not compare to Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, Dryden (and only 2 Goalies can remain).

I get the team argument when judging goaltenders, but they are just as part of the team as the next guy. Would Brodeur have had as many wins if he was on a last place team every year? Of course not, but that doesn't take away from his wins record one bit.

As for Fuhr, I do think he belongs in the HOF. Sure, he was on some great teams (somebody had to be back there, and Fuhr was that guy), and maybe his stats are a little off, but a 5-time cup winner and 6-time All-Star? Yeah, he gets in my HOF all day long no matter what teams he was on.

Great disussions here though. Love it.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Cup or no Cup, I have to eliminate Dave Andreychuk. Being good for a long time doesn't mean you're great. Sorry, Dave, you're cut.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I get the team argument when judging goaltenders, but they are just as part of the team as the next guy. Would Brodeur have had as many wins if he was on a last place team every year? Of course not, but that doesn't take away from his wins record one bit.

As for Fuhr, I do think he belongs in the HOF. Sure, he was on some great teams (somebody had to be back there, and Fuhr was that guy), and maybe his stats are a little off, but a 5-time cup winner and 6-time All-Star? Yeah, he gets in my HOF all day long no matter what teams he was on.

Great disussions here though. Love it.

But Brodeur arguably was on the worst offensive team in the last 25 years. Seriously, if the Devils got a 1-0, it was over on most nights because of the system they played and he is arguably one of the best 5 goalies, ever.

I would be willing to bet that the Oilers win the 1986 Cup with Brodeur and they won the Cup in 1990 with Fuhr as a back-up. I'd rather have Ranford than Fuhr quite honestly.

But yes, the discussions are great and that 1 of the points (that and to see that would be the all-time NHL team).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cup or no Cup, I have to eliminate Dave Andreychuk. Being good for a long time doesn't mean you're great. Sorry, Dave, you're cut.

damn you! This would have been mine in the morning!

looks for more 1999 Dallas Stars......

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ok - My Elimination today (and probably unpopular) - Bob Gainey

Probably one of the best defensive forwards in the late 70's and early 1980s (4 Selke's) and has a Conn Smythe and a multiple All-Star appearances.... but ...

Why he's gone
    *GM of the 1999 Dallas Stars (I told you this was coming)
    *Scored less than .5 points per game for his carrer (501 points in 1160 games)
    *Never scored more than 25 goals or 50 points in a season

While he's a player you love to have on your team for your 3rd/4th line - there is going to be no room for him on this team when all is said and done.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

But Brodeur arguably was on the worst offensive team in the last 25 years. Seriously, if the Devils got a 1-0, it was over on most nights because of the system they played and he is arguably one of the best 5 goalies, ever.

I would be willing to bet that the Oilers win the 1986 Cup with Brodeur and they won the Cup in 1990 with Fuhr as a back-up. I'd rather have Ranford than Fuhr quite honestly.

But yes, the discussions are great and that 1 of the points (that and to see that would be the all-time NHL team).

I thought I was supposed to be kissing the boss' rear-end, not the other way around? lol

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast