Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Today's loser: Vladislav Tretiak G

I mean the second word literally. Despite an impressive resume & great career numbers (in games that we're basically men picking on children) Tretiak's two most famous performances were in LOSSES. I don't mean Ronnie Hextall type losses, where you miraculously keep your inferior team in it..... I mean you need to win one of the last four games, at home in Russia, and you choke. I mean you're playing an Olympic Semi-Final game against a bunch of snot-nosed college kids from the USA and lose.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Georgia Bulldogs New York Yankees
    See big_f_23's Items on eBay

My Elimination for July 25th is RW Bill Mosienko. I understand in the 40's, hockey was a different game. I get it. But, scoring more than 30 goals only twice and never scoring more than 70 points in a whole season and also being an all-star twice in his career and only winning one Lady Byng trophy, in my opinion, get him eliminated.
    Link to Traders/Wants: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

My Elimination for July 25th is RW Bill Mosienko. I understand in the 40's, hockey was a different game. I get it. But, scoring more than 30 goals only twice and never scoring more than 70 points in a whole season and also being an all-star twice in his career and only winning one Lady Byng trophy, in my opinion, get him eliminated.

if you have not listened to the audio in post 1, check it out about Mosienko

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Hobey Baker F I make this choice with no disrespect intended, in fact quite the opposite. Hobey Baker was not only the first great American hockey player but also an innovator and a hero. Hobey is the only athlete to be enshrined in both the College Football and Hockey Halls of Fame.
    Baker made his mark while playing at Princeton University near my hometown. My son spent part of his hockey career playing his home games at Hobey Baker Memorial Rink on the university campus.
    Soon after graduating from Princeton Baker, a skilled pilot, joined and later commanded an American fighter plane squadron that won acclaim in Europe during World War 1. I would like to share his story with the group.

"On December 21, 1918, Baker received orders to return to the United States. Reluctant to leave France and return to his life in America, he decided to take a final flight at his squadron's airfield in Toul.[11] As he went for his own plane, the mechanic brought out a recently repaired one instead, in need of a test flight. The other pilots remonstrated with Baker, but he maintained that as commanding officer he could not let anyone else test the aircraft.

In heavy rain, Baker took off and began to level off at 600 feet. A quarter of a mile into the flight, the engine failed. The plane was generally easy to crash-land if necessary, something he had done previously at the cost of a few broken ribs.
    A few hundred yards from the airfield, his plane crashed nose first into the ground. He was quickly freed from the aircraft by his men, but died in an ambulance minutes later his orders to return home were found in his jacket pocket.[66] Baker was buried in a small military cemetery near Toul; in 1921, his mother had his remains moved to her family plot in West Laurel Hill Cemetery, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania."

Scott, could you please note that my choice is "In memory of", thanks.
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 07-25-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hobey Baker F I make this choice with no disrespect intended, in fact quite the opposite. Hobey Baker was not only the first great American hockey player but also an innovator and a hero. Hobey is the only athlete to be enshrined in both the College Football and Hockey Halls of Fame.
    Baker made his mark while playing at Princeton University near my hometown. My son spent part of his hockey career playing his home games at Hobey Baker Memorial Rink on the university campus.
    Soon after graduating from Princeton Baker, a skilled pilot, joined and later commanded an American fighter plane squadron that won acclaim in Europe during World War 1. I would like to share his story with the group.

"On December 21, 1918, Baker received orders to return to the United States. Reluctant to leave France and return to his life in America, he decided to take a final flight at his squadron's airfield in Toul.[11] As he went for his own plane, the mechanic brought out a recently repaired one instead, in need of a test flight. The other pilots remonstrated with Baker, but he maintained that as commanding officer he could not let anyone else test the aircraft.

In heavy rain, Baker took off and began to level off at 600 feet. A quarter of a mile into the flight, the engine failed. The plane was generally easy to crash-land if necessary, something he had done previously at the cost of a few broken ribs.
    A few hundred yards from the airfield, his plane crashed nose first into the ground. He was quickly freed from the aircraft by his men, but died in an ambulance minutes later his orders to return home were found in his jacket pocket.[66] Baker was buried in a small military cemetery near Toul; in 1921, his mother had his remains moved to her family plot in West Laurel Hill Cemetery, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania."

Scott, could you please note that my choice is "In memory of", thanks.

will do - I had thought about Hobey Baker as my elimination this morning myself... could not do it just yet....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I mean the second word literally. Despite an impressive resume & great career numbers (in games that we're basically men picking on children) Tretiak's two most famous performances were in LOSSES. I don't mean Ronnie Hextall type losses, where you miraculously keep your inferior team in it..... I mean you need to win one of the last four games, at home in Russia, and you choke. I mean you're playing an Olympic Semi-Final game against a bunch of snot-nosed college kids from the USA and lose.

to be fair, it was 2-2 when he was pulled... so he did not LOSE that game but point taken
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 07-25-2019 at 03:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My choice for today would be Chuck Rayner. 423 career games, 132 wins, and a GAA of 3.03 for his career. All with no Cups or personal awards
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

With all due respect I think you're being a bit harsh here. There are times in sports where the impossible occurs, not because of exceptional talent but the dynamics that made those moments happen. The 1980 USA Hockey team was a highly inspired group of men, unfazed by a powerful opponent and motivated by a coach who taught that miracles do, indeed, happen.

"This is your time, now go out there and take it" and so, they did.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With all due respect I think you're being a bit harsh here. There are times in sports where the impossible occurs, not because of exceptional talent but the dynamics that made those moments happen. The 1980 USA Hockey team was a highly inspired group of men, unfazed by a powerful opponent and motivated by a coach who taught that miracles do, indeed, happen.

"This is your time, now go out there and take it" and so, they did.

Lol. I'm trying to be as over the top as I can, while talking bad about an all time great.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Henri Richard C 3 All Star appearances in 20 years, averaged less than 18 goals per season, a Masterson trophy was his only award.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast