Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Marty Barry.

I can't figure out why he's in there, other than "we have have to put someone in... and we're looking for guys that were half decent.

He won a couple of cups, and was an allstar once.... even won a Lady Byng. That's makes him the yester-year equivalent of Brian Campbell, but a forward. His point totals don't look that impressive to me either. Bye Marty!

I'm willing to keep eliminating, but if we don't start getting some more input soon we'll still be at this when the new season starts.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Scott you may need to bump up eliminates to 3 per person per day. Only one per position of the three.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

i will have the first post update by tomorrow when I am in Cincinnati

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

i will have the first post update by tomorrow when I am in Cincinnati

It might be prudent to remove the women from the list. I'm not denying that their accomplishments are HOF worthy, but the rules are distinctly different and therefore prohibit comparison with the men.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Have been wanting to contribute to this for a while but I was away on vacation. Back now, so for my first removal I propose for Aug 4th:

Mats Sundin

No individual awards
    No cups
    No 1st team all-star appearances.
    Was never the dominant player during his era.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For today August 5th, I propose to remove Mike Gartner for the following reasons

No individual awards
    No cups
    No 1st team all-star appearances.
    Was never the dominant player during his era.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even though this thread appears to be dying out, I will continue with today's removal of Bert Olmstead

602 points in 848 games
    No individual awards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

first post is updated as of THIS POST

My elimination for August 6 is going to be Phat Wilson - never played professionally and in fact had a chance to play but declined to stay in his hometown. While this is noble, it's not HOF worthy

I will allow 2 eliminations per day going forward.

I will not be around to update this list until Friday.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Now that we get two per day (and I wasn't active over the weekend)....

Today I'm removing:

Frank McGee C–R
    Eddie Gerard D–LW

Reason is simple. I'm going to start crossing out anyone who never played in an era where a forward pass was allowed in the offensive zone. The version of hockey they played is too different from whom I consider to be the REAL all-time greats.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It might be prudent to remove the women from the list. I'm not denying that their accomplishments are HOF worthy, but the rules are distinctly different and therefore prohibit comparison with the men.

first post is updated as of THIS POST

My elimination for August 6 is going to be Phat Wilson - never played professionally and in fact had a chance to play but declined to stay in his hometown. While this is noble, it's not HOF worthy

I will allow 2 eliminations per day going forward.

I will not be around to update this list until Friday.

I just did a quick update of my own. Crossed off the two I eliminated. I don't want to hijack @scottkoz20 's thread.... but I also semi-followed the advice of @jsokol1626.

I didn't cross them out, but I moved all of the women to the bottom of the list (I'll leave it up to Scott if we should remove them or not).

1. They're not inducted via the same category. Up to two women can be elected per year, but it's separate from the up to men.
    2. Ultimately, none of them are going to still be standing in this contest anyway
    3. The reasons why nobody is going to think the accomplishments of Angela James are comparable to Mario Lemieux is pretty obvious, let's save ourselves the bother.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast