Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

New day (August 12th), new eliminations:

Today, I propose to eliminate

Denis Savard

While he does have 1338 points in 1196 games, he played in the 80s where points totals are inflated. He has no individual awards and was never a first team all star.

and

Serge Savard

439 points in 1040 games, no first team all-star selections and only two awards, Conn Smythe and Masterton.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Today I'm removing:

Georges Vézina and Frank Brimsek.

Vezina is one of the biggest names in the history of goaltending (he's got the trophy named after him!) but he played fewer than 200 games... the last of which was in the 1925-26 season.

Frank Brimsek won a couple of Vezina Trophys, but I'm staying consistant. His final year in the league was 49-50. Too long ago for me to keep in this contest.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Jack Adams C Seven year NHL career and 125 total points, certainly not one of the 4 best at that this position

Max Bentley C Won a Hart and Byng Trophy plus his only two AS appearances during a three year span that defined his career. Tallied 544 points over a twelve year career. There is simply no way he can be considered as a top four center.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Keeping up with the goalie theme today, I'm removing Bernie Parent G and Bill Durnan G.

Parent is a Flyers legend with 2 Conn Smythe's and 2 Vezina trophies, but didn't even make it to 300 wins in his career, so he's out as far as I'm concered.

As for Bill Durnan, he was the last official goalie to be the captain of his team, which is pretty cool, but his career numbers in my mind can't compete with who is left to go on this list of goalies. Though he did have a fantastic career though for that era.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm getting rid of two fairly modern, pint-sized, wingers today:

Mark Recchi RW
    Martin St. Louis RW

Both were good players. I saw a lot of games that they played in. Never once did I think I was looking at an all-time great while they played. They pass the stat test for the HOF, but not the eye test IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Harry Oliver RW No awards and his career netted just over 200 points
    Jack Darragh RW Turn of the century 7 year career

SCF Rewards
    Country

New day (August 12th), new eliminations:

Today, I propose to eliminate

Denis Savard

While he does have 1338 points in 1196 games, he played in the 80s where points totals are inflated. He has no individual awards and was never a first team all star.

and

Serge Savard

439 points in 1040 games, no first team all-star selections and only two awards, Conn Smythe and Masterton.

Did you ever watch Denis Savard play?

As a Hawks fan he's one of my all time favorite players and without question belongs in the HOF..

Yea, he wasn't too "savy" post 1990 or so but the guy was one of the more entertaining players of the 80's, I mean the guy could raise you out of your seats.... He was truly a special player and this is the first time I have seen anyone argue against Denis Savard...

Savard was easily one of the best skaters of the 80's or or really any player ...

And this isn't bias because I'm a Hawks fan, I mean I would find few except for you that would disagree with me.....

Savy is without question a Hall of Famer and certainly a top 10 player of the 80's... And he was competing with some ATG's... Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Trottier etc....

Heck, if you look back on the BBS boards in the early 80's there were a few arguments as to who was the better player, Savard or Gretzky - yea it seems ridiculous now in hindsight, but Savard was pretty exciting....Similar to Patrick Kane, but IMO Patrick Kane is a better player but imagine Patrick Kane in the 80's...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bouse Hutton G turn of the century goalie with less than 40 games of available statistics

Charlie Gardiner G 7 years in the NHL and what a career it was! 42 of his 112 wins were by shutout, 2 Vezina Trophies and a Stanley Cup. 112 wins against 151 losses.

Sadly, Charlie passed away at age 29 from an untreated illness. I have no doubt he belongs in the HOF.

Charlie Gardiner died of a brain aneurysm, and these is zero doubt in my mind had he survived and had a long career he would be considered a top 5 all time goalie among the hockey historians in the present....

I'm not quite sure what the point of this game is but there are some pretty good players being removed....

At the rate we're going the only players left will be Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Goridie Howe, Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek and Terry Sawchuk, lol...

Well, I say remove:

Grant Fuhr

and

Glenn Anderson

Neither were "great"...

Heck, Dryden and Gump while we're at it...

Gump's regular season stats weren't very appealing - I get it - "but his playoff stats", lol

Cheevers, ummm.... Just let me go though my vintage HOF box and I will find a few more like Giacomin.... Why not Plante while we're at ait...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Charlie Gardiner died of a brain aneurysm, and these is zero doubt in my mind had he survived and had a long career he would be considered a top 5 all time goalie among the hockey historians in the present....

I'm not quite sure what the point of this game is but there are some pretty good players being removed....

At the rate we're going the only players left will be Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Goridie Howe, Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek and Terry Sawchuk, lol...

Well, I say remove:

Grant Fuhr

and

Glenn Anderson

Neither were "great"...

Heck, Dryden and Gump while we're at it...

Gump's regular season stats weren't very appealing - I get it - "but his playoff stats", lol

Cheevers, ummm.... Just let me go though my vintage HOF box and I will find a few more like Giacomin.... Why not Plante while we're at ait...lol

Simply read the original post to see what we're trying to achieve. This exercise has been a good way to learn a bit about the HOF members

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gordie Drillon RW 7 year career with 295 total points. 2x all star. His numbers don't compare to others at RW
    Harry Hyland RW Early 20th Century player, very few statistics available. impossible to evaluate his talent

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast