Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I feel like a reason should be a bit more valid than "I couldn't be bothered to research what contribution they made to the game"

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Oliver Seibert C Seibert's biography describes him as a Berlin (now Kitchener) Ontario local legend, who along with other family members created a team. He was said to be a fast and agile skater and was one of the first professional hockey players in The International Pro Hockey League. There is very little statistical information regarding his on ice performance, so all we have to go on is his reputation which resulted in HOF induction in 1951.

I made this submission on Tuesday, 7/30, as indicated by my edit date.
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 07-30-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I feel like a reason should be a bit more valid than "I couldn't be bothered to research what contribution they made to the game"

That's a pretty big, unfounded assumption. I did research his career both on and off the ice. The intent of this thread is create a SCF HOF Team, not to write player biographies. So, with all due respect, my choice was based on Drinkwater's short career and rather unimpressive stats as a player.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Let's get back to non-HOFers in the HOF I'm more familiar with. Today's cut: Joe Nieuwendyk

Aside from having his name mispelt on an (in)famous Pro Set card back in 90-91, his career was what I'd call "really good". The HHOF's (often) mediocre standards deem that he's a HOFer - but if we're whittling this down to one "HOF Team" no way he makes the cut.

Career highlights include:

- A Calder Trophy, joining elite names like Andrew Raycroft, Scott Gomez, and Steve Vickers
    - A Conn Smythe Trophy, despite not leading his team in points (Modano did) or the league (Forsberg did)
    - He won three Stanley Cups, which is half as many as Kevin Lowe, who is not in the HOF
    - Averaged less than 1 point per game in the regular season, despite playing through some of the NHLs highest scoring seasons
    - Was traded to Dallas in what can only be described as a fleecing by Calgary, for Jarome Iginla

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bill Quackenbush D Known as a gifted skater and passer who could move the puck up the ice, but only managed 62 goals in a 14 year career. He averaged an assist every 3.5 games, nothing extraordinary. Not to detract from his career, but I do not consider him to be in the upper echelon of HOF defenders.

Remarkably he played an entire season without drawing a penalty.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Bill Quackenbush D Known as a gifted skater and passer who could move the puck up the ice, but only managed 62 goals in a 14 year career. He averaged an assist every 3.5 games, nothing extraordinary. Not to detract from his career, but I do not consider him to be in the upper echelon of HOF defenders.

Remarkably he played an entire season without drawing a penalty.

Just looked that up. Very cool!

We need a guy like that on my Rec league hockey team...
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today'll I'll axe Woody Dumart.

772 Games played, with only 211 goals & 429 points. No way he's making the final cut.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Let's get back to non-HOFers in the HOF I'm more familiar with. Today's cut: Joe Nieuwendyk

Aside from having his name mispelt on an (in)famous Pro Set card back in 90-91, his career was what I'd call "really good". The HHOF's (often) mediocre standards deem that he's a HOFer - but if we're whittling this down to one "HOF Team" no way he makes the cut.

Career highlights include:

- A Calder Trophy, joining elite names like Andrew Raycroft, Scott Gomez, and Steve Vickers
    - A Conn Smythe Trophy, despite not leading his team in points (Modano did) or the league (Forsberg did)
    - He won three Stanley Cups, which is half as many as Kevin Lowe, who is not in the HOF
    - Averaged less than 1 point per game in the regular season, despite playing through some of the NHLs highest scoring seasons
    - Was traded to Dallas in what can only be described as a fleecing by Calgary, for Jarome Iginla

while I agree with everything else mentioned, I have to disagree the down playing of his calder. Second ever rookie to score 50 goals, joining elite names like Mike Bossy.
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alexander Yakushev LW Spent his entire career playing for Soviet teams, statistical information is very limited. I'm knocking him out due to my belief that USSR national teams from that era were basically professional athletes matched against amateurs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marty Barry.

I can't figure out why he's in there, other than "we have have to put someone in... and we're looking for guys that were half decent.

He won a couple of cups, and was an allstar once.... even won a Lady Byng. That's makes him the yester-year equivalent of Brian Campbell, but a forward. His point totals don't look that impressive to me either. Bye Marty!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast