Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Goose Gossage, ranked 25th in saves only led the league 3 times
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

For today I'll remove Phil Rizzuto - SS. If he hadn't played with Yankees he wouldn't have made the HOF as a SS, but maybe as an announcer. His stats don't match up with a good amount of HOFer SS's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Georgia Bulldogs New York Yankees
    See big_f_23's Items on eBay

For July 27th, I'll remove Roger Bresnahan. Lifetime batting average of .279, 1252 hits, never won an award (finished 11th in MVP voting in 1914). Yes, he played in a different era, but truly great players transcend eras, which he does not.

Mark Messier - 1,002/3,316= 30%

SCF Rewards
    Country

For today I'm kicking out Tony La Russa

He received the majority of his wins off of the backs of steroid guys like Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire and with the Hall keeping McGwire out I don't see how his manager is any better and is allowed in and he isn't. And if that isn't enough he lobbied to get Harold Baines into the HOF. So he should be removed from the Hall (along with anybody else who supported Harold Baines). Yes it was that bad of a pick that anybody should just be kicked out of the HOF if they supported him.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Ozzie Smith
    HE was an amazing defensive player, but his batting was a bit average, To be in the hall of fame i feel that a position player should excell in both batting and defensive categories. There are more deserving players with better batting and fielding percentages than Ozzie.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Jim Bunning, well short of 300 wins and 3000 K's

SCF Rewards
    Country

For today I'll eliminate Jack Chesbro - P. He had a "good" W-L record, but not outstanding (199-131). Also, he only pitched in just 392 games, and had less than 1300 strikeouts (1265). I'd put him "near knocking" the HOF door, but not "in".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Georgia Bulldogs New York Yankees
    See big_f_23's Items on eBay

My elimination for Sunday, July 28th is Bobby Doerr. He does have 2,000 hits and did serve our country in the military, but when you think of all-time great players (not just all-time great red sox), my mind does not jump to Bobby Doerr.

Writing Team

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Instagram:

Dave Bancroft
    Name me three facts about Dave Bancroft's career without looking him up. You can't do it.

Oh, he won two World Series? Mazeltov. So did many non-HOF caliber players.

Offensively, he led the league in... um... let's see... most times caught stealing in 1915, and most games played in 1922.

MVP voting? Sixth in 1925, ninth in 1926. Ho hum.

Sure, he had a good glove-- led the league in a lot of defensive metrics (3x defensive WAR, 8x Range Factor/Game, 7x Range Factor/9 innings, 2x in fielding percentage at SS, 4x SS putouts, 3x SS assists), but if we're removing Ozzie Smith who exceeded these on a VERY fast St. Louis astroturf and never finished worse than 4th in the league in errors, then Bancroft's gotta go too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I'll remove Ross Youngs - RF from the list. His career was ended at only ten years by his death at the age of 30 in 1927. If he was good enough for the HOF why wan't he elected in the 1930's or 1940's ? He wasn't voted in until 1972 by the Veterans Committee. Why would you elect someone to the HOF 45 years after their death/career ? Also, in his ten year career he only had 42 HR's and 592 RBI's, not HOF numbers in those categories.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast