Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Who would be your starters in the A L and N L ...................

If you could put together a STARTING nine of the BEST single team players in MLB history who would they be ? So, plmk who'd be on your A L and N L starting nine teams of players who played their ENTIRE career with just ONE MLB team.

Here are my starting nine of the A L and N L all time BEST ONE TEAM players -------------

AMERICAN LEAGUE ----------- 1B- LOU GEHRIG (Yankees) --- 2B-CHARLIE GEHRINGER (Tigers) --- SS- CAL RIPKEN,jr (Orioles) --- 3B- BROOKS ROBINSON (Orioles) --- C- BILL DICKEY (Yankees) --- OF- JOE DIMAGGIO (Yankees), TED WILLIAMS (Red Sox), MICKEY MANTLE (Yankees) --- SP- WALTER JOHNSON (Senators)

NATIONAL LEAGUE ------------ 1B- BILL TERRY (Giants) --- 2B- JACKIE ROBINSON (Dodgers) --- SS- ERNIE BANKS (Cubs) --- 3B- PIE TRAYNOR (Pirates) --- C- JOHNNY BENCH (Reds) --- OF- MEL OTT (Giants), STAN MUSIAL (Cardinals), ROBERTO CLEMENTE (Pirates) --- SP- CARL HUBBELL (Giants)

Now that you've seen my STARTING NINE of A L & N L ONE TEAM players throughout the history of MLB, WHO is on yours ? REMINDER: All players on your STARTING NINE of both the A L & N L MUST have spent their ENTIRE CAREER with JUST ONE MLB TEAM.
    Last edited by OriolesFan; 07-23-2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: changing error I had made

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll get my lineup in a bit but technically Yogi played for the Mets. I wish he hadn't but he did.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

THANKS for letting me know, I forgot that he played with them in 1965. I've now replaced him (took him off) with BILL DICKEY (Yankees).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

This is a fun one

National League:
    C - Johnny Bench
    1B - Jeff Bagwell
    2B - Jackie Robinson
    3B - Mike Schmidt
    SS - Barry Larkin
    LF - Stan Musial
    CF - Mel Ott
    RF - Roberto Clemente
    P - Bob Gibson

American League:
    C - Bill Dickey
    1B - Lou Gehrig
    2B - Charlie Gehringer
    3B - Brooks Robinson
    SS - Cal Ripken Jr
    LF - Ted Williams
    CF - Mickey Mantle (Mike Trout in a few years assuming he stays put on that contract)
    RF - Al Kaline
    P - Walter Johnson
    DH - Edgar Martinez

This would be one heck of a fun World Series to watch if they were all together in their primes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

AL:

C - Bill Dickey
    1B - Lou Gehrig
    2B - Charlie Gehringer
    3B - George Brett
    SS - Cal Ripken Jr
    OF - Ted Williams
    OF - Joe Dimaggio
    OF - Mickey Mantle
    P - Bob Feller

NL:

C - Johnny Bench
    1B - Bill Terry
    2B - Jackie Robinson
    3B - Mike Schmidt
    SS - Ernie Banks
    OF - Stan Musial
    OF - Mel Ott
    OF - Roberto Clemente
    P - Sandy Koufax

SCF Rewards
    Country

WizardofOz1982 - Thanks for your post and "team" selections. In your N L selections I can understand, because of their POWER (HR's and RBI's), having Bagwell at 1st and Schmidt at 3rd. However, how can you put Larkin at SS in place of Banks. Larkin's offensive figures are NO WHERE NEAR those of Banks. Also, even though they are very close, Carl Hubbell is slightly better than Bob Gibson. Their main #'s are very close, with Hubbelll just ahead. Hubbell had a W-L record 253-154 and ERA of 2.97 to Gibson's 251-174 2.91. If I could have a rotation of N L ONE TEAM Starters they would definitely be on it, probably as 1 & 2. THANKS for your post on this thread.

pwaldo - Thanks for your post and "team" selections. I understand,because of offensive #'s why you picked Brett-3B instead of "Brooksie". However, I'd still go with "Brooksie",with Brett as my 3B back-up, because of being the GREATEST Defensive 3B in MLB history (16 consecutive GOLD GLOVES). For pitching Bob Feller was very good, but his W-L record is no where even near that of the "BIG TRAIN". I understand Schmidt (I mentioned that above with "Wiz....". Also, Koufax probably had the best final five years of ANY MLB pitcher in history, but the early part wasn't. When he "retired" he was no where near 200 wins (but he also wasn't near 100 losses). However, if I was putting together an N L rotation of "same team" starters I'd have him along with Hubbell and Gibson. Can you imagine those three together on the same starting rotation ? It would be great. THANKS for your post on this thread.

Anyone else have STARING A L & N L of "All Time - One Team " position players (1B,2B,3B,SS,C,P, & 3 OF'S) ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

WizardofOz1982 - Thanks for your post and "team" selections. In your N L selections I can understand, because of their POWER (HR's and RBI's), having Bagwell at 1st and Schmidt at 3rd. However, how can you put Larkin at SS in place of Banks. Larkin's offensive figures are NO WHERE NEAR those of Banks. Also, even though they are very close, Carl Hubbell is slightly better than Bob Gibson. Their main #'s are very close, with Hubbelll just ahead. Hubbell had a W-L record 253-154 and ERA of 2.97 to Gibson's 251-174 2.91. If I could have a rotation of N L ONE TEAM Starters they would definitely be on it, probably as 1 & 2. THANKS for your post on this thread.

I chose Larkin over Banks because the majority of Banks' numbers and playing time were at 1B. Larkin played more than twice the innings at SS that Banks did and was a superlative defender as well as just as good offensively as Banks in a different way. Banks had more power and RBIs but in every other offensive category Larkin has the lead in almost two seasons fewer plate appearances. If Banks had primarily been a SS instead of a 1B he's an easy choice.

Hubbell versus Gibson is an interesting debate but Hubbell vultured about 20 wins as a reliever which is what ultimately made me give Gibson the edge.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After close to two months of s-l-e-e-p, bringing this ttt to see if anyone else has their choices. --------- So, if you haven't yet posted your 'team(s)", let's see who is on yours. Have a good day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One more time ttt. Anyone else interested in picking out their A L & N L starting nine teams of players who played their entire career with just one MLB team ? THANKS for checking this thread, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country

After a four months s-l-e-e-p let's wake up this thread. Anyone else want to post their pick(s) of their "BEST" A L and/or N L starting nine's of all time ONE TEAM players ? Let's see what your A L and/or N L team(s) will be made up of. REMINDER: ONLY players that just played their entire careers with ONE MLB team. THANKS for checking this thread, Rodney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast