Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I almost bought a case of this, thought it was nice with older players on card autos. After seeing a few breaks, I’m glad I didn’t. Absolutely next to no value for your money.

I agree.

I think if they made it like the UD Masterpieces set (you get 50 cards per box), then there could be some value in it. But when you make it into a high-end product with only 4 hits per box, it's just a recipe for disaster, unfortunately. It's that much harder to make your money back. The hobby shouldn't be about that aspect, but when you pay through the nose, it's fair to want to know what you're getting out of it.

I love the card designs (seriously, A++ to UD on this one), the deep checklist and seeing guys we don't see much on cards, but this product needs to be given another formula instead of a 4-card "gamble" we see nowadays. Mix it up, throw in a bunch of cardboard (It doesn't have to be autographed, as good-looking base or base parallels are fine by me and can be collectible, especially the artistic style stuff) for collectors to do what they want with and lower that price point.

I'm sure Chronology Volume 2 is already in motion, and I hope it can give collectors a better chance to love this product and what UD can do with all of their new player content.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 08-01-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I completely agree, crease. Why isn't more base and inserts included? Those cost of such is very low and would really help the product. Especially when you look at the checklist and half of the teams are barely represented.

I REALLY wanted to complain about this product, but I can't. The Blues checklist is PHENOMENAL. The best of any set in recent years. Hard-signed autos of many Blues HOFers - Hull, Macinnins, Pronger, Federko, Gretzky. Seriously awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

It is going to be a tough product to get a ones moneys worth. High risk with high potential for low reward. I agree that some teams very well represented (also happy about the Blues).

With the number of lower end autos, they could have thrown two more autos in per box to make it closer to break even. I think I am going to wait to see if the box price drops to about $80us to buy anymore.

The frustrating thing about the Letterman's is that yes they are low print run, but the /15, /20, /30 is per letter. So for my Sundin, there are 75-90 cards in the actual print run depending if the count the N twice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was hoping for more a Masterpieces or Parkhurst Champions flair, not the case. Too much of a risk, I picked up a box and it was disappointing. I don't expect great things all the time, but this product is really going to be a hit or miss, more on the miss.

Some great cards, but you will have to spend a lot of cash to get not just value, but cards period. The look appeals to the Masterpieces, Champions, Classics type set - but to compare in building the auto set (Franchise History), well that's just too much to consider.

I don't break for investment, or return, I keep everything I open. But I do expect some value and collectability from boxes. This one looks tough.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

It is going to be a tough product to get a ones moneys worth. High risk with high potential for low reward. I agree that some teams very well represented (also happy about the Blues).

With the number of lower end autos, they could have thrown two more autos in per box to make it closer to break even. I think I am going to wait to see if the box price drops to about $80us to buy anymore.

The frustrating thing about the Letterman's is that yes they are low print run, but the /15, /20, /30 is per letter. So for my Sundin, there are 75-90 cards in the actual print run depending if the count the N twice.

Are you sure this is per letter?
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Are you sure this is per letter?

Assuming it is the same as SP Game Used which is per letter for Draft Day Marks and Signing Day Marks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Here are two 14/15 Robinson's currently on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Assuming it is the same as SP Game Used which is per letter for Draft Day Marks and Signing Day Marks.

Ok... maybe you’re right. Wasn’t sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Well there looks to be two Mike Liut card in this set .....

2018-19 Chronology Time Capsules Canvas Mini #M184 Mike Liut /60

2018-19 Chronology Time Capsules Canvas Mini Blank Back #M184 Mike Liut /3

If anyone gets these, please contact me asap!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well there looks to be two Mike Liut card in this set .....

2018-19 Chronology Time Capsules Canvas Mini #M184 Mike Liut /60

2018-19 Chronology Time Capsules Canvas Mini Blank Back #M184 Mike Liut /3

If anyone gets these, please contact me asap!

Here's one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-19-18-...kAAOSwHKtdQybj

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast