SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Mets Acquire Marcus Stroman From Blue Jays

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...s-stroman.html
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

The Mets and Blue Jays have reached an agreement on a trade that will send Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman to New York, according to Jon Morosi of MLB Network. The deal is pending medical review. According to The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal, minor-league pitchers Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson will be sent to Toronto in the deal.

Stroman emerged as perhaps the most coveted starting pitcher on the market, with contenders like the Yankees, Braves, and Astros linked to the New York native. In a surprise development, though, the Mets entered the fray as a seemingly unlikely suitor given their competitive state. However, Mets brass have been staunch in their belief that the team, while likely out of the race this season, can contend in 2020 and beyond. For that reason, general manager Brodie Van Wagenen and the front office have targeted controllable pitchers like Stroman, who will remain under team control next season.

At first glance, it’s a somewhat puzzling acquisition for a team that doesn’t boast an especially deep farm system and yet isn’t in a position to contend immediately. However, there may be more moves on the horizon. As has been speculated, Noah Syndergaard, Zack Wheeler, and Edwin Diaz will be in high demand for contenders, meaning that New York could strengthen the farm system by dealing away those assets. Adding Stroman affords increased flexibility to sell off Major League talent while remaining competitive.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Football Manager

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    Twitter: @Grampie11 See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Not sure about this trade and Syndergaard, Wheeler and Diaz probably being traded. If they were staying I would say great deal! I was hoping the Yankees would get him but okay!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, 2006 SP Paul McQuistan and Michael Gallup!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor, NCIS
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, Adley Rutschman and Derek Jeter!
    Comics: Star Wars, Silver Silver and Thor
    Want to fill in my Emmitt Smith and Derek Jeter PCs! Let me know what you have for me!!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Remember how so many people had high hopes for the Mets before the season started and how quickly that went away after a couple of weeks? If they were ever really that good why do they want to blow up the team?