Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Super Collector? Fingers crossed...

Every four years or so, I make it a point to go to the National Sports Colllectors Convention because it's typically in my hometown of Cleveland. I went last year, I went in 2014, and before missing a few years in the 2000s due to a lack of funds, I went in 2004, 2001, and 1997. This year's show in Chicago is getting skipped, as almost certainly will next year's Atlantic City show and 2021's Chicago show. But I'll be back to Cleveland in 2022. The plans are already being set in motion...

Meanwhile, you may know my favorite baseball player of all-time is Cory Snyder. Ever since I was four years old, I have no idea why, but Snyder was my favorite and remained my favorite even after the Indians shipped him to the White Sox, and he bounced on to the Blue Jays, Giants, Dodgers, Red Sox org, Padres org, and finally Spring Training in 1997 with the Cardinals. I even had a Dodgers hat when I was in third and fourth grade.

Anyways, out of 1068 career games, Cory Snyder played 657 of them in an Indians uniform.

So you can imagine how dumbfounded I was when I heard he was one of the VIP autograph signers at the National this year. Not one of the Cleveland shows, but in Chicago, where he played a whole 50 games (and batted only .188, thanks to Walt Hriniak's "my way or no way" approach to coaching hitters).

So, I'm missing out on a chance to meet my favorite player. But I did apply for Cory Snyder Super Collector status over at SCF today (the same day he's signing at the National).

While I wait for approval or denial, take a look at some of the photos I took of my collection. I don't have all the cards photographed, but here are a few of the better items and oddities.

More...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

good Luck nice PC Collection so far