Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Card collecting is a hobby at a crossroads

There are millions of people out there who have collected trading cards, but you can break them down into two types — those who sell cards and those who don’t.

I fall into the second group. I don’t sell my cards, much to my wife’s chagrin, and if some cards have to go I look to do a trade or unload some on an unsuspecting friend or a newbie to the hobby.

To me, not selling cards keeps an innocence to my collecting that dates back before the days of eBay and graded cards. Back then, I could sell a card to a local baseball card shop, but outside of that there was literally no way to flip a card for a quick buck.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

https://herald-review.com/sports/fla...529ca405a.html

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each or (5 for $3), Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each or (5 for $4), Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each (3 for $8), Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each or (3 for $7) Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each or (3 for $5), Top Loaders 240 point $2 each or (6 for $10). Prices do not include shipping!!

Check out Truebluecustoms on Instagram!!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will place myself in the 3rd class which you have not mentioned.

Essentially I do not sell cards to other trading card collectors.

However, I do sell cards to non-collectors. And I make a killing! I often sell stacks of base cards in a team bag for $5. Maybe only 25-50 base cards in a stack. And I sell them 50-100 stacks at a time. Mostly to children at trade shows and other various events. Most of these events are female oriented, and I don't even vend, I just link-up with vendors who are already vending selling makeup and candles and other useless crap, which often happens to be my sister! All these ladies that attend have their children with them, and they all flock to my cards! Not that trading cards aren't useless crap...

I also sell Marvel character cards presented on picture frames. And I have sold a few hockey ones. Generally I sell these to adults and interior designers who are not trading card collectors, rather they are fans. Fans pay more than collectors! Particularly fans who are not collectors! I often only have $100 in each piece, most of which I sell for $750-$3000.

If a collector tries to buy something from me, I often don't sell, or I will just outright give them the cards they seek, or I will just throw the cards in the garbage! Depending on the person. Collectors are just too damn cheap, and there is this little known website called eBay where collectors can go to and get anything their heart desires for peanuts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Buying Marvel base and insert cards in bulk!
    100,000+ Marvel cards to trade!
    No Paypal. No eBay.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will place myself in the 3rd class which you have not mentioned.

Essentially I do not sell cards to other trading card collectors.

However, I do sell cards to non-collectors. And I make a killing! I often sell stacks of base cards in a team bag for $5. Maybe only 25-50 base cards in a stack. And I sell them 50-100 stacks at a time. Mostly to children at trade shows and other various events. Most of these events are female oriented, and I don't even vend, I just link-up with vendors who are already vending selling makeup and candles and other useless crap, which often happens to be my sister! All these ladies that attend have their children with them, and they all flock to my cards! Not that trading cards aren't useless crap...

I also sell Marvel character cards presented on picture frames. And I have sold a few hockey ones. Generally I sell these to adults and interior designers who are not trading card collectors, rather they are fans. Fans pay more than collectors! Particularly fans who are not collectors! I often only have $100 in each piece, most of which I sell for $750-$3000.

If a collector tries to buy something from me, I often don't sell, or I will just outright give them the cards they seek, or I will just throw the cards in the garbage! Depending on the person. Collectors are just too damn cheap, and there is this little known website called eBay where collectors can go to and get anything their heart desires for peanuts.

Congrats on the selling yo non collectors. Always nice to make some $’s.

Don

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!