Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay

For a product like this it's pretty easy to figure out the print run for a card, you look at how many super script /25 there is per case, from there you can calculate how much hobby packs there is.

Let me run the math on that and get back to you in a few minutes. I am starting to like this investigation!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Always looking for high end Red Deer Rebels Cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay

Update:

here is a head-scratcher.... a Hobby Box with 2x #/249 AND a #/25. I am taking the tinfoil hat off. I think my original assumption that all autographs are available in all pack-out streams was incorrect.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Update:

here is a head-scratcher.... a Hobby Box with 2x #/249 AND a #/25. I am taking the tinfoil hat off. I think my original assumption that all autographs are available in all pack-out streams was incorrect.

If there are two /249 parallels per box, that will get you your answer.
    I was able to come up with an exact hobby print run for OPC based on the 2x /100 Blacks per box. (different thread from a while ago) Retail is a lot harder to estimate.

Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko
    Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content
    I auto-accept 20% off on Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

These threads are always fun.

UD often does the "we let the market decide scarcity & availability" when it comes to the non-numbered autographs. For a product like MVP that isn't heavily broken compared to others, at least not at the intensity & ferocity at the hobby level, this can often result in some of these rarer autographs becoming "white whales" for people who collect those players.

As a case in point, getting the rookie redemptions for 2018-19 shouldn't be all that difficult right? The odds on them are as follows:
    Odds - 1:400 Hobby/ePack, 1:4,000 Retail/Blaster, 1:960 Fat Pack.

That 1:400 is much more readily accessible than even a Group F auto from this year's listings, right? Well, just for fun, go to eBay and look up Jesperi Kotkaniemi MVP - there isn't a single copy of his MVP RC up for sale right now. I have one:

But I've only seen a very, very small handful out there.

The thing with MVP is that you gotta move quick if you see a card you really want for the collection. Some of those Super Scripts or autos will become impossible to find once we get into the 2019-20 season in earnest, because nobody's gonna be opening MVP soon. There's also all the high-end stuff from 18-19 to finish off.

Bottom line? If you see it once, don't sleep on it because your opportunities in the future will be very limited.

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2019-20 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Domi, Ryan Poehling, and Brendan Gallagher

SCF Rewards
    Country

I pulled two /249 and a /25 in my first box. Two /249 in my second and one /249 and a brannstrom auto in my third if that helps.

Last edited by Humorist; 08-10-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12