Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Ryan is very under-rated in the media and "the hobby" ... but ... I doubt he'll ever have the following Brees' has ... I do think that as long as he stays healthy, he'll retire with Hall of Fame stats and probably get enshrined in Canton, but I don't think he'll ever have the following Brees has, which will keep his card prices lower ... just my $.02

True...I also think the '28-3' super bowl implosion doesn't help his cause. If he does somehow have 1 more MVP season and finally win a super bowl it will certainly benefit anyone investing in him...but again, much easier said than done lol, you could certainly say that about a LOT of other qb's.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hidden Content

Current PC: Tom Brady / James White / Julian Edelman / Sony Michel / Rob Gronkowski
    Also trying to complete the 2017 Donruss Inserts set and 2018 Classics Premium Edition Set

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

True...I also think the '28-3' super bowl implosion doesn't help his cause. If he does somehow have 1 more MVP season and finally win a super bowl it will certainly benefit anyone investing in him...but again, much easier said than done lol, you could certainly say that about a LOT of other qb's.

Indeed, though I will say a SuperBowl (with a SB MVP) would likely allow him to trump the career of Brees, as while Brees has the same, he does NOT have a regular season MVP which Ryan does. We'll see what happens; I don't trust the Falcons franchise all that much but I do trust Ryan to play good football.

I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Indeed, though I will say a SuperBowl (with a SB MVP) would likely allow him to trump the career of Brees, as while Brees has the same, he does NOT have a regular season MVP which Ryan does. We'll see what happens; I don't trust the Falcons franchise all that much but I do trust Ryan to play good football.

I guess it would be safe to say that, for any collector that truly believes Matt Ryan will lead a team to a super bowl victory before he retires, investing in him is a good risk. However, like you said the value will truly lie in the prospect of him winning a super bowl (and not like Peyton Manning did in 2015, he has to LEAD the team, and possibly win SB MVP).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12