Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

SCF Update of custom applications to version 3.0.0.1

Version 3.0.0.1 fix some issue that I have track via our log files. Nothing with consequences but I did fix a few issues.

First all members can now set the font size via the new Options Setting page.
    You can choose 11 points like in the prior version or anything in between 11-15 points.

This apply to the Trade Manager, Through The Mail Manager, The Card Database / Inventory Manager and back end mod section that SCF teams use. So all custom apps.

Also in IM (Inventory manager), the search form was hiding by default. This was not wanted and was a mistake. It now stay up after a search unless you, the user, click on the Hide Search Options button.

This way the filter are visible. But the Hide feature is great when you have a large result set on many pages as it show more relevant result

Here the list of change:

• ALL CUSTOM APPS: Extended the setting to change the font size to apply in all custom apps.
    • ALL CUSTOM APPS: fixed many little bug or issue found via the log file system
    • My Inventory: Fixed the search form that was hiding after a search. It should only hide if you click on the button: Hide Search Options
    • My Inventory: Changed the title from “Card Search” to “My Inventory Card Search”
    • Inventories: Fixed the search form that was hiding after a search. It should only hide if you click on the button: Hide Search Options
    • Inventory: Fixed the search form that was hiding after a search. It should only hide if you click on the button: Hide Search Options
    • Inventory: Fixed the link that was white and now is showing black font color for the two links top right column.

All these changes are the result of what I have heard from members and SCF moderators.

I am open to any idea suggestion and critics. Sometime I may not get it right away but I keep thinking about to see if I can find a solution.

The custom apps are always a work in progress. Version 3 was needed for many reasons. The mobile site one definitely on goal. There are also many other reason like having all apps to today technology and make the apps easier to maintain, faster then it used to be and of course the new box systems that was needed to create a site that is responsive first.

Now that we have all apps on the same level it much easier to make some change then before. It also navigate much better with all the menu options the way the are. You can often get to a section of the site in one click. That is a big change and in the end improve how fast it is to perform task.

I also realize that many members all have different way of navigating and this is why it's important to let me know. If we can adapt things I will look at the possibility.
    Communication is always better then saying nothing and stop using a tool. I am always surprise to see the various ways members can take to perform task.

On that end, I will be looking in the near future to add AJAX functionality to adding cards. Mainly we use Javascript that update without having to reload the page. This will be practical to start implementing feature that prevent to reload the page and keep you where you are in a list. You can then work on adding other cards and the page update itself using JavaScript. The JavaScript code communicate with the server in the background.
    Such feature will improve how we add cards.

So always looking to improve and or tweak things to make it a better experience for all.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 08-13-2019 at 04:15 PM.