Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Premium Grading Services (PGS)

Hello. I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I recently bought a Michael Jordan rookie card graded by PGS (premium grading services). I’m trying to find more information about them and see if I can double check the serial number on the case. Did they go out of business? I can’t really find anything about them. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never heard of them. Can you post a scan or picture of the card?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for your response.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The auto looks a bit off to me. I have seen a few autographs change over a period of time from rookie year to after the person is retired though. Never heard of PGS before. I have two Jordan rookies and I won't buy any unless authenticated by Beckett or PSA. My best advice is send this off to one of them and hope both are authentic. If so, cha-ching!

Looks like there was one sold on eBay in last few months like this graded 8 with the autograph on the back. It sold for $360+. That makes it seem like someone else took the chance on it as not knowing it if was real or not also.
    Last edited by markw2856; 08-27-2019 at 03:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, I’d wish I could get it graded by a big company but I live in Canada and getting cards graded in the US is very expensive for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Well this is the same card that was sold a month ago. Guessing you are the buyer of this off of eBay. If you have that much invested into it I think it is worth the grading cost. If you want to save a little money(don't we all), exhaust your options. Are there local card shops that take submissions? Any shows where you can submit it? If both the auto and card are authenticated as real, you are talking thousands on the low end.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed...p2047675.l2557

SCF Rewards
    Country

The colors look off to me on this card. I can't imagine anyone sending in something like this to anything other than PSA, Beckett, or SGC unless it was fake. The signature also looks fake. The tails are too long and straight. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong, but you can always file a claim with eBay if it's fake. As far as PGS goes, I've never heard of them, and a web search only turns up other forum discussions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for your comments.