Thread: 2019 a&g

SCF Rewards
    Country

2019 a&g

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2019-Topps-A...EAAOSwOjNdQhBl

Just wondering what makes this serial numbered 27/65 card an "eBay 1/1" as advertised by the seller?

The price seems absurdly high looking at the eBay history and current listings. That is why I don't understand the "1/1" part as it is clearly adding tremendous value to the asking price.

Or is this just another eBay looneytoon? I mean their description also states "This card was pulled from a pack and put directly into a toploader." Yet the pictures clearly do not show a card in a toploader...

When I buy a black car and it arrives red I get upset. The description is very important!

It is not an issue of whether the card is/was in a toploader. The issue is that the card clearly is NOT in a toploader, yet the seller feels the need to say it is. Plus then the whole 1/1 thing. Just simple shady behaviour that makes you wonder what the heck.

Anyways, I just pulled this card, now I need to determine if I want to rip it or keep it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Buying Marvel base and insert cards in bulk!
    100,000+ Marvel cards to trade!
    No Paypal. No eBay.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

27 is Trout's jersey number.

So anytime you get a serial numbered card to the player's jersey number, it's now a little more unique being a jersey numbered card. Cool add o the collection no doubt, but in my opinion doesn't add THAT kind of premium to a card, especially since there is 65 copies in total, which isn't too rare by today's standards.

Don't get me wrong though, some hardcore collectors with deep pockets have paid a premium for the jersey numbered copy of a card (especially in a sport like baseball), but it's a rarity and you shouldn't ask for the moon on a card like this or calling it a 1/1, or in this case an "eBay 1/1" as it's commonly referred to, is just wrong and is a title used for clickbait or to fool a beginner collector.

It's a neat card, but it's not a real 1/1. Don't let the title fool you.

Here's an example of a jersey numbered card in my Enroth collection:

His jersey number is # 1 and this card is numbered 1/25.

Collecting: Jhonas Enroth & Upper Deck 300 Win Club Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ahhh gotcha. I couldn't care any less about baseball haha. I didn't even know who Mike Trout was until this product was released and it became known that Trout was a hit.

Wouldn't a reputable seller want to mention the whole jersey number thing in his ad description? Instead of the shady 1/1 thing?

I mean false advertising is not only rampant on eBay, it is promoted and encouraged by eBay. Just look at all the fake Stan Lee auto's that have sold on eBay over the years. I have personally complained to eBay more than 10 times about them, yet the seller has continued to sell them for the past 5+ years! And don't even get me started on Probstein's shady listings that eBay will do nothing about.

When I was an eBay goof, and I would refuse to pay for cards, and I would make bomb threats to eBay headquarters over the phone, and eBay would just give me more FREE seller listings and apologize to me! eBay treats their scamming thief npb users like royalty simply because they are buyers, yet their top-rated eBay sellers they treat like garbage.

"Top-Rated eBay Seller" = FOOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

One more quick question since I am here!

Why is a matching serial/jersey number referred to as an "eBay 1/1"?

How does the word "eBay" weasel its way into there?

Why is it not called a jersey 1/1 or a matching jersey 1/1 or something else? Why does dirty eBay have the rights to this phenomenon?

Why does eBay have anything to do with jersey numbers? Did eBay tell Mike Trout he had to be number 27?

Or is this just more eBay sickness from sick eBay sellers?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

One more quick question since I am here!

Why is a matching serial/jersey number referred to as an "eBay 1/1"?

How does the word "eBay" weasel its way into there?

Why is it not called a jersey 1/1 or a matching jersey 1/1 or something else? Why does dirty eBay have the rights to this phenomenon?

Why does eBay have anything to do with jersey numbers? Did eBay tell Mike Trout he had to be number 27?

Or is this just more eBay sickness from sick eBay sellers?

It's called an "eBay 1/1" because these types of tactics (making something seem like a 1/1 when it actually isn't) is a very common theme on eBay. So over time this type of practice of making a certain serial numbered card seem like an actual 1/1 (which it isn't) has been nicknamed an "eBay 1/1" for that reason.