Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hason-jason's Items on eBay

Need some advice, have $450 after taxes next week trying to decide what boxes to buy

So I live in NY, and have 2 options, either DaCardWorld.com, or my LCS here in town, both seem to have the prices right around the same, maybe a few bucks off.

My Local Hobby Shop's website is, http://mattsbaseball.com/store/categ...2019-FOOTBALL/, for 2019 Football.

I'm looking for the best for the buck.

He has, as of now, the following.

Contender Draft- $133
    Donruss Elite- $150
    Donruss FB- $72
    Leaf Valiant- $96
    Certified- $115
    Elements- $111
    Gold Standard- $160
    Unparralled- $100

Not looking to spend it all on 1 box, so left off Immaculate and Majestic.

Now DA has them at this.

Leaf Valiant- $96.95
    Certified- $117.95
    Contenders Draft- $129.95
    Elements- $119.95
    Donruss Elite- $144.95
    Gold Standard- $152.95
    Unparralled- $110.95

DA seems to be out of Donruss FB, no listing for single boxes anymore, they were $76.95.

I have $450 after taxes, I'm in NY as I said, so it's 8% tax, also going with either DA or LCS due to location, DA's shipping is UPS Ground, but because they're in Buffalo, I get it overnight, where I can go to the LCS as it's at the other end of town.

Thanks for any suggestions, just looking for best bang for the buck, I know collegiate stuff doesn't always sell well, but the Graded Card in Valiant has me intrigued, while I did a couple packs of Contenders Draft a few yrs back got Juu, and Desmond King auto's. Wish I hung onto the JuJu lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump, just looking for suggestions, haven't opened up anything since I think 2016, was looking at Contenders, Donruss, Valiant, and Certified, or Contenders, Donruss, Certified, and Elements.

Not sure how good Valiant is.

Gold Standard intrigues me, as does Unparralleled. Thanks to anyone who has suggestions.

I also tried some Targets, none of them had the $40 prestige boxes, wonder if theyre that rare to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go with Certified, Gold Standard, and Unparallelled. If you had a little more go with Donruss, but that would put you over $450
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go with Certified, Gold Standard, and Unparallelled. If you had a little more go with Donruss, but that would put you over $450

Thanks, I looked at a 12 box case break of Gold Standard, looks good.

I'm against Valiant now, all the graded cards seem to be scrubs or non high name rookies, same for most of the other autos.

I'm leaning one of these 3 scenarios.

Unparralled, Gold Standard, Certified
    Unparalled, Certified, Donruss, Contenders
    Unparalled, Certified, Donruss, Elements

Any opinion on Elements?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know much about Elements. They look nice and you don't have to worry about a bunch of extra cards. It is up to you, but I still feel that Certified, Gold Standard, and Unparallelled is the way to go. Good luck with what you decide.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

I don't know much about Elements. They look nice and you don't have to worry about a bunch of extra cards. It is up to you, but I still feel that Certified, Gold Standard, and Unparallelled is the way to go. Good luck with what you decide.

Yeah Certified is one of my favorite releases after Donruss so you can't go wrong. In my opinion Contenders is overrated, so I would pick option 1 or 3.