Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrew luck retires

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Exclamation Andrew luck retires

WOW!
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

1. This is the most shocking retirement in NFL history in my mind ... 29 years old, MVP candidate, playing on a Super Bowl contending team, coming off a great season ...

2. I say CONGRATS & RESPECT to Luck for having a great career and for retiring on HIS TERMS!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hason-jason's Items on eBay

I was legit shocked when I saw the news, good for him though, your health should be the priority for these players, not surprised to see so many retire early.

Looking for 49ers Auto's, Patches & #'d Card of the following, Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, C.J. Beathard, Trent Taylor, Joe Williams, Frank Gore, DeForest Buckner, Dante Pettis, Patrick Willis, Arik Armstead, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott, Tom Rathman, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, and Joe Montana | Hidden Content | Hidden Content |

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay

This was crazy - didn't believe it when I read it. Is the consensus that he had a great career. I thought he was moderate at best. Lots of talent, but a turnover machine. Never won anything. Given the hype around him coming out of college... I'd go as far to say his career was a disappointment. Thoughts?

Always looking for Patriots Jerseys/Autos!

Hidden Content - For Trade / For Sale
    Hidden Content - Patriots PC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I think he was an above average quarterback, definitely a star but not a superstar in my estimation.

Very shocked as well, but kudos to him for putting health ahead of money.

Also shocking ... my backup fantasy quarterback is Sam Darnold .... duh!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Ilya Bryzgalov, Andrei Vasilevskiy,
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW!

1. This is the most shocking retirement in NFL history in my mind ... 29 years old, MVP candidate, playing on a Super Bowl contending team, coming off a great season ...

Barry Sanders probably still is but this is right up there. I was like what the hell happened when I saw the news. He went from might not play the first week because of an injury to I'm retiring in no time. I'd still put my money on the guy eventually coming back to the NFL though. He's just so young and the NFL is always lacking in QB talent that unless there is something seriously wrong with him he should be back.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To me, Luck was a GREAT QB that had a GREAT CAREER *if* longevity isn't factored in.

HOWEVER, I do think most Colts fans will consider his career a giant disappointment as it didn't last long.

The above said, I think, ultimately, he'll be remembered the same way a guy like Daunte Culpepper was ... awesome at his best, but injuries cut his career short and he was quickly forgotten. Luck was better than Culpepper to be sure, but that's the sort legacy I see for him ... he won't have any shot at the Hall of Fame, unlike guys like McNabb and Romo and even Drew Bledsoe, and will just be remembered as a great talent who's career ended too soon.

As for him coming back in a couple of years ... I don't see it. My guess is he will love the down-time, settle into a nice architectural firm, maybe get into coaching if he gets the itch, but just enjoy his family and life and never step back on the field to take another hit again ... we'll see what happens.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

I found out this happened when driving back from Toronto on Saturday night (fun trying to troubleshoot remote btw) and was listening to the radio when this was all ESPN Radio was discussing

Everyone is different, but what Doug Gottlieb said on Twitter was just plan wrong - Troy Aikman's BLISTERING reply is just a beauty! (Note - Language)

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I found out this happened when driving back from Toronto on Saturday night (fun trying to troubleshoot remote btw) and was listening to the radio when this was all ESPN Radio was discussing

Everyone is different, but what Doug Gottlieb said on Twitter was just plan wrong - Troy Aikman's BLISTERING reply is just a beauty! (Note - Language)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That’s total bull™™™™ Doug. What qualifies you to decide how someone should live their life? So you’re now the authority on what motivates Andrew Luck? And if his decisions don’t fit into what you think is best for him then you rip him? Guess that keeps you employed on FS1. Nice <a href="https://t.co/p59DsmPoER">https://t.co/p59DsmPoER</a></p>&mdash; Troy Aikman (@TroyAikman) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyAikman/status/1165809758806388736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great post Scott! I agree with you and absolutely loved Aikman's reply ... I don't mind Gottleib generally speaking but I also love it when guys like Aikman speak their mind and I tend to feel media wars are good for the general public, as it's good to see everyone being held accountable, rather than players only.

SCF Rewards
    Country

HOWEVER, I do think most Colts fans will consider his career a giant disappointment as it didn't last long.

I wonder if they would have rather had Peyton Manning and try and win a couple more Super Bowls than this with Luck. Need a poll of Colts fans on that one.

As for him coming back in a couple of years ... I don't see it. My guess is he will love the down-time, settle into a nice architectural firm, maybe get into coaching if he gets the itch, but just enjoy his family and life and never step back on the field to take another hit again ... we'll see what happens.

He's going to come back and play alright......but for the XFL. The Heel turn the whole world never same coming.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Yes, with hindsight being 20/20, I think nearly 100% of Colts fans wish they now would have just kept Peyton Manning and traded the #1 pick to the Browns for the #3 and #22 picks in the draft which could have netted the Colts LB LUKE KUECHLY and G David DeCastro and set them up to win 1-2 more SuperBowls with Peyton Manning and allowed Manning to retire as a Colt as he should have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast