Thread: Should I Grade?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics Washington Nationals

Should I Grade?

Hey SCF Nation,
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

So I’m reaching out to throw the question of should I get it graded out to all you for your opinions. Last Saturday I traveled to my friends card shop (AZ Sports Cards) it’s about an hour and half from my house. While I was there I bought a box of 2019 Topps Tribute and pulled this Mike Trout on-card autograph #d 5/10 and am now wondering if I should send it to BGS for grading, as my LCS in Tucson is doing a BGS submission in two weeks. So what do you think? Send to grade or not?

IMG_2231.jpg

Thanks,
    ddallaire34

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you going to keep it or sell it?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics Washington Nationals

Are you going to keep it or sell it?

I’m not to sure. I’d like to keep it but I believe if it’s graded the value would jump, don’t you agree?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals
    See markw2856's Items on eBay

I would get it graded either way. Is a fresh pack pull and might as well encapsulate it before it sits around. Worst case scenario it grades lower than expected and could send it back just for authentication. Just make sure you add insurance if submitting

SCF Rewards
    Country

I personally wouldn't grade it, but that is my opinion. I don't think grading helps that much with newer cards unless you get a gem mint grade. You can actually hurt the value if it comes back with a lower grade. Sweet card either way. Good luck with what you decide.
    Always looking for baseball HOF autos.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    1. Willie Mays certified autograph
    2. Babe Ruth game used card
    3. Mike Trout autograph
    4. Lebron James autograph
    5. Walter Payton autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals
    See markw2856's Items on eBay

Yeah all depends on the grade man. I can respect your decision either way. Trout is one of those rare guys where I would grade it if is high end and you think is in good shape. I am all about extra protection

Just doing a basic search on ebay sold listings that is comparable in brand. (I know you have the 2019) Here are a few quick results I found for a 2018 Topps Tribute Mike Trout autograph. All looked the same on card except for the numbering. Not much of a risk since it is a Trout autograph. The hard part is already done.

2018 Topps Tribute Mike Trout auto /30 PSA 9 sold for $299.99

2018 Topps Tribute Mike Trout auto /30 BGS 9 sold for $369.99

2018 Topps Tribute Mike Trout auto /10 ungraded sold for $384.51

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grading can never hurt a card. If you get a low grade, removw the card from the slab. That simple. Then you're out of $20 for the grading service.