Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

IMPUT WANTED! Show & Tell Contest 12.0 :)

I can't believe hockey is less than a month away!
    This means the annual Show & Tell Contest will return for a 12th straight year!!!

That being said.. We are looking for member suggestions to add some new weekly themes to the mix.
    Let us know what kind of themes you would like to see!
    We will be adding a few of our own as well.

Also, This year I'll be posting a link to each voting thread in the main staff forums.. So we should be seeing a ton more votes in the polls!
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

This will prevent people from just getting all their friends to vote for their cards every week.

Can't wait for this to start up! Now lets see those ideas..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Can you post what the last couple seasons had? I can't remember what was included or not

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you post what the last couple seasons had? I can't remember what was included or not

Week 1: Best TTM/IP autographed card/item (your best card/item that you received through the mail or in person)
    Week 2: Best autographed card (single or multi-player, auto only. No memorabilia)
    Week 3: Best jersey card (single or multi-player, no autographs)
    Week 4: Best patch card (single or multi-player, no autographs)
    Week 5: Best non-numbered insert or base card
    Week 6: Best rookie card (any "true" rookie card, non-auto, non-memorabilia)
    Week 7: Best stick/glove/other card (any card with a piece of authentic memorabilia)
    Week 8: Best rainbow
    Week 9: Best 1/1 card
    Week 10: Best 'The Cup' card
    Week 11: Best vintage card (1975 or older)
    Week 12: Best plexiglass/acetate card (i.e. Glacial Graphs, Clear Cut Winners, etc)
    Week 13: Best retired/HOF card (any type)
    Week 14: Best original 6 card (any type of card from Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, NY Rangers and Bruins)
    Week 15: Best looking autograph
    Week 16: Worst looking autograph
    Week 17: Best memorabilia item (non card)
    Week 18: Best complete set
    Week 19: Best Calder Winning player card (any card of a player who has won the Calder trophy in his career)
    Week 20: Best Hart or Vezina winner card (any card of a player who has won the Hart or Vezina in his career)
    Week 21: Best autographed memorabilia card (single or multi-player)
    Week 22: Best member-made custom card
    Week 23: Best 'Upper Deck' card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 24: Best 'Leaf’ card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 25: Best 'In the Game' card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 26: Best card from the 1980s
    Week 27: Best card from the 1990s
    Week 28: Best International card
    Week 29: Best 'family' card (brothers, father/son, etc)
    Week 30: Best card with a story (Pick a card that has the best story of how you acquired it)

Last edited by aweeks; 08-30-2019 at 12:53 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One "complaint" I have about this contest is that you typically see the same players/teams week over week. What if you made the contest to limit the same player and/or team to a max of 2x for players and 6x for teams.

The ones I enjoy seeing most are week 1, 5, 7, 8, 15, 16, 17, and 28.

The ones I'd like to see replaced are week 2, 18, and 23-25.

Ideas for new categories:
    Best Die Cut
    Best Card in a higher numbered range like /100-/149 or /150-199
    Best autographed puck (separate from other memorabilia)
    Best autographed picture (separate from other memorabilia)
    Best card from a dead team (can be a moved team as long as it's name changed, i.e. old winnipeg, Atlanta, Hartford are included)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great thread for input & discussion!

It will be very nice to mix things up a little bit this year, as it has been a little formulaic from time to time.

I think one thing we can do that will ensure we aren't seeing the same old cards getting trotted out each year is to have some of the weeks connected to recent product releases. Everybody knows what's out in early November, so we could give a couple weeks' time and have people show off their Best 2019-20 Upper Deck Series 1 card. Stagger them a little bit and of course don't have to do every release but having those new products featured is a great way to freshen things.

I also like the idea of featuring aesthetics--like a Best Looking Subset Card or something like that. If someone really loves the look of Panini's 2013-14 National Treasures Buried Treasures, they can post their card from the set and talk about what makes it so minty to look at. That way people aren't voting on the biggest name player, they're voting on what visually appeals to them.

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2019-20 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Domi, Ryan Poehling, and Brendan Gallagher

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great thread for input & discussion!

It will be very nice to mix things up a little bit this year, as it has been a little formulaic from time to time.

I think one thing we can do that will ensure we aren't seeing the same old cards getting trotted out each year is to have some of the weeks connected to recent product releases. Everybody knows what's out in early November, so we could give a couple weeks' time and have people show off their Best 2019-20 Upper Deck Series 1 card. Stagger them a little bit and of course don't have to do every release but having those new products featured is a great way to freshen things.

I also like the idea of featuring aesthetics--like a Best Looking Subset Card or something like that. If someone really loves the look of Panini's 2013-14 National Treasures Buried Treasures, they can post their card from the set and talk about what makes it so minty to look at. That way people aren't voting on the biggest name player, they're voting on what visually appeals to them.

I like these ideas, especially the last one.

Collecting: Jhonas Enroth & Upper Deck 300 Win Club Cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

More input please!

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you think about asking this on the front hockey page? It might get more views there?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you think about asking this on the front hockey page? It might get more views there?

I’ll try it.

Come on guys..
    Everyone is quick to have complaints and input while the contest is running.. But now that we want your input I hear crickets?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast