Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay

I love this!!!!
    Always looking for high end Red Deer Rebels Cards!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @Pheebs888 See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Best diamond relic card? Best card that was given to you while giving kudos to the person who decided to give you a gift? Best game used memorabilia as in not card but actual gu equipment...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Thanks for all the ideas so far guys/gals!

Last chance to have some input..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some suggestions:
    I think ditch the UD/Leaf/ITG specific categories. Or at least Leaf, would be like having Panini in there. Either too short an era of card production, or in the case of Leaf, too few members that want Leaf cards (sorry, but I know I don't).
    I would support the previous suggestion to drop the member-made custom cards, I think just too few of us that would even have a card like that.
    Maybe drop the best card (non-humbered) and combine with dropping the UD/Leaf/ITG and have a division breakout. Best card per division X 4 divisions. Set the same parameter of either non-numbered, or nothing under 25.
    And you could add non-jersey/patch/stick/glove - such as tag, seat, skate, button, net, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

I just discovered this thread today, glad to see the discussion that is happening. For myself, I sometimes got the feeling that the most expensive card won the weekly competition. I will admit that when I submitted cards that was sometimes how I chose them, but maybe that discourages some people from submitting their cards. It would be nice to include some categories that don't lend themselves to that. For example, Best NHL line combinations ( https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...history#slide1) which could include players from the 60's, 70's, 80's etc. that would be judged on the players merits rather than the value of the cards. (eg. The Party Line of Larmer, Savard, Secord or the Triple Crown Line of Dionne, Taylor, & Simmer). I really like the idea of posting the contest in other forums, and the idea of player that was the biggest bust is golden.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Just found this thread! Have been busy lately. I like the best defenseman and you can do it for all positions really. You can say that the position has to be on the card. Best patch on a card, not best patch card. Two categories that don't get much participation are the international and home made card. I don't have a problem saying if you participate you can vote. Only problem with that is some times there are only 3 of us in the contest. One thing I try to do as well is not use a card I have used in previous years also but that is just me.
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

We do not recognize the other players on the team.

Best Short Handed Goal scorer
    Best Faceoff %
    Best Penalty Killer
    Best Enforcer
    Best Assist
    Best RC of a non 1 rounder
    Best Insert Set not numbered

I do not agree with if you do not post you do not vote. Sometimes people might not have a card for that category.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like participating but wish I would get a notification of when the contest is put up. With the tag feature you could tag people for better participation. I say this as if I am looking for a contest I would look in the contest forum. I believe you just post it in the show and tell unless I am mistaken ( hence the notice of the tag feature).

I also think it would be good to post the contest on the SCF Facebook to possibly see if we can get new hockey collectors on the forum.

As for topics I think they are all all good but perhaps change them year in out with new ones.

Example-erhaps not all card related.

Picture of your mancave
    Best in person autograph with picture and short story.
    Most prized card and why,

Personally, I like the interaction of the forums with stories we share versus a card that most collectors just put up. Those are just a few of my thoughts. Look forward to seeing the contest and the beauties as always!

Don
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each or (5 for $3), Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each or (5 for $4), Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each (3 for $8), Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each or (3 for $7) Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each or (3 for $5), Top Loaders 240 point $2 each or (6 for $10). Prices do not include shipping!!

Check out Truebluecustoms on Instagram!!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I agree with Don, the stories that go along with the card are fun to read. I'd be down for more stories to go with the picture.
    I like participating but wish I would get a notification of when the contest is put up. With the tag feature you could tag people for better participation. I say this as if I am looking for a contest I would look in the contest forum. I believe you just post it in the show and tell unless I am mistaken ( hence the notice of the tag feature).

I also think it would be good to post the contest on the SCF Facebook to possibly see if we can get new hockey collectors on the forum.

As for topics I think they are all all good but perhaps change them year in out with new ones.

Example-erhaps not all card related.

Picture of your mancave
    Best in person autograph with picture and short story.
    Most prized card and why,

Personally, I like the interaction of the forums with stories we share versus a card that most collectors just put up. Those are just a few of my thoughts. Look forward to seeing the contest and the beauties as always!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best '' Failed my Expectations'' or if you prefer '' Biggest flop ever 'card , where you can find cards of players like Alexander Svitov or Pavel Brendl haha....

It's time to give some Love to the hockey cards we don't love :(
    Last edited by Ruffles22; 09-14-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123