Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Former Penn State & KC Chiefs Super Star RB Larry Johnson Goes Off!

I used to love watching Larry Johnson tote the rock for the Penn State Nittany Lions as well as the Kansas City Chiefs, and he was a superstar RB in his prime that ran tough and would just demolish would be tacklers.

However, since he retired from the NFL I never really heard a word about him ... until last night.

Last night I was browsing YouTube and came across an issue of the Ben Maller Fox Sports show and he had a segment about Larry Johnson ... it was a typical "hit piece" and he basically insinuated that Larry's recent tweets were so egregious that they proved he had lost his mind.

After hearing that I just had to know for myself ... so ... I found Larry's Twitter account and read ALL of the supposed egregious tweets to see for myself if they proved he had lost his mind. However, after reading them, all I saw proof of was that Larry was a deep-thinker who was searching for truth and stumbling upon things that others consider "sacred cows" and reaching conclusions that violate current pc culture.

To see all the tweets and make up your own mind, just go to: https://twitter.com/2LarryJohnson7

I tweeted my thoughts on Larry Johnson earlier today and Larry and I exchanged DM's and Larry said he'd like to read my book: Jameis Winston Derangement Syndrome: How Media Bias Causes Us to Overlook the Start of a Hall of Fame NFL Career, so I sent him a free PDF review copy, which he was happy to receive, and I told him I'll be happy to chat with him anytime about anything. Seeking truth is exciting, but doing so often leads one to making a whole lot of enemies as well, which Larry now knows for sure.

Regardless, we now "follow" each other on Twitter, have each other's personal email address, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Larry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm glad you started this thread because I was going to. I saw the news media with some headlines before saying Larry Johnson goes crazy/nuts and for them to be talking about a guy long retired you would have thought his comments would be something awful. The ones he made on social media were pretty tame (especially for the internet) so I don't really get why the media was whining. Just goes to show you that when they make headlines with the adjectives CRAZY tweet, insane tweet, etc. they are just leading the audience to believe what they think without you ever even forming an unbiased opinion of what the person did.

What's dumb is one of his tweets was about NBA/NFL players dressing weird and being fashion focused too much. If you check out the NBA section on here there are several threads and posts talking about the weird style of the players and that the pre and post games focus too much on what a player is wearing. Seems like that cat was let out of the bag years ago and the media is just late to the party.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm glad you started this thread because I was going to. I saw the news media with some headlines before saying Larry Johnson goes crazy/nuts and for them to be talking about a guy long retired you would have thought his comments would be something awful. The ones he made on social media were pretty tame (especially for the internet) so I don't really get why the media was whining. Just goes to show you that when they make headlines with the adjectives CRAZY tweet, insane tweet, etc. they are just leading the audience to believe what they think without you ever even forming an unbiased opinion of what the person did.

What's dumb is one of his tweets was about NBA/NFL players dressing weird and being fashion focused too much. If you check out the NBA section on here there are several threads and posts talking about the weird style of the players and that the pre and post games focus too much on what a player is wearing. Seems like that cat was let out of the bag years ago and the media is just late to the party.

I agree with you 100%.

And, Larry Johnson really was a nice guy to chat with. I don't think there's anything insane about him whatsoever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

He had a couple real good years back in the day. Thought he was gonna last a lot longer than he did but had a real strong couple years. I see nothing wrong with the tweets at all.

More curious as to how he is feeling these days. I have read some stories in the past few years where he believes he does have CTE.