Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Grading Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Grading Cards

I’ll try not to make this too long winded lol.

Basically, I received 2x MNT grading coupons from a couple group breaks a while back and am thinking of sending some stuff in. I have some nice cards I’d like to get graded anyways, but torn about what to send to Beckett and what to send to MNT. I know that MNT is known for being extremely picky with their grading, and that doesn’t really worry me, but basically the resale value (don’t plan on selling them, but who knows what may need to be done down the road...).

I know PSA and Beckett are highly regarded in the community, and people trust them more (at this point), only because MNT is still new and up-coming.

some cards I’m thinking of sending in:
    -Mcdavid yg and yg canvas
    -Matthews yg
    -Marner yg And yg canvas
    -Mcdavid RPA
    -Pettersson FWA and RPA
    -Mackinnon yg exclusive, FWA and RPA
    -Barkov FWA and RPA
    -Carter Hart FWA
    -Eichel SPA RPA

which direction would you go in? Just curious of some other people’s points of view.

thanks ahead for the input!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Who knows what the future holds for grading (and the grading companies involved) with all the stuff going on right now, but today Beckett is still regarded by many as 'the' guys to go to when grading modern cards and they can still sell well on the secodnary market. So I would send your top tier cards to them, simply due to the potential resale value and reputation Beckett (still) has in the graded card community. Your cards will sell for more in a BGS slab. It's just the way it is.

I would say send your very best cards to Beckett and the rest (maybe the Barkov & Hart, depending on how much cards you're thinking of sending in?) to MNT to see how they do. Who knows, maybe MNT will be the new BGS? While not on the same level, I do think MNT Grading has defintely gained a little more 'street cred' then when they first started.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do! Some great cards you've got there.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 09-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

If it's me (in a situation that I graded), I would wait before sending anything to PSA or Beckett until the fallout of the trimming scandal finishes up.

But I also have never sent a card to be graded and will be most likely breaking out the first one I got on ebay this week.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If it's me (in a situation that I graded), I would wait before sending anything to PSA or Beckett until the fallout of the trimming scandal finishes up.

But I also have never sent a card to be graded and will be most likely breaking out the first one I got on ebay this week.

It may take awhile to finish up. It's just the beggining I think.