SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

where do i find information on cards - besides becketts

hi
    i was wondering where i could find out for example production quantity of cards like - ud clear cut, or the older victory black.
    short print runs that arent specifically numbered. or maybe print runs of the older opc/topps from the 70's and 80's.
    becketts doesnt seem to have any idea. anybody got any idea.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

thanx guys/gals

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Honestly, forums are a great place to seek out answers about this stuff. There's a lot of members online who are very informative about this awesome hobby of ours.

For example, the older Victory Black's vary depending on the year. The older parallels were numbered /5. Since then, I've heard the print runs of Victory Black parallel range from 5, 10, 20, even 30 depending on the year. I wish they kept up with the serial numbers on those cards over the years. The /5 versions back in the day looked great.

As for the older 70's/80's stuff, who really knows. It's impossible to get an accurate print run on big sets like those. Way before my time and a lot of those cards were probably destroyed or are in a landfill somewhere today.
    Collecting: Jhonas Enroth & Upper Deck 300 Win Club Cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

" Honestly, forums are a great place to seek out answers about this stuff. There's a lot of members online who are very informative about this awesome hobby of ours. "

you are so right about this. its where i find most of the info that eludes me.

any idea of print runs for say
    18/19 or 17/18 upper deck clear cut

would it be less or greater than the exclusives. and if its about the same why not pick one or the other?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Try this:

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/index.cfm

This may help you.
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010...2012 ...2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ...1975...2015...2017...2018 NBA CHAMPIONS

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You're asking about the print runs of cards that the print runs are never released. Beckett doesn't list it, because they have no way of knowing what the real number is.

Victory Blacks, for example, became a bit of a mess. The Crosby RC year (2005-06) they were numbered /5. After that? They never numbered them. They remained a hard card to pull, lots of people claimed them to "/5" - but that was only because they used to be.

It's not too tough to make an educated guess on stuff like that, but that's all it is - an educated guess.

Let's use 2018-19 Upper Deck. Look to see what people pull (on average) from a 12-box case. Consider ONLY the Exclusives, High Gloss, and Clear Cut.

High Gloss (#ed /10) are literally 10x rarer than Exclusives. If you're pulling an average of 10 Exclusives & 1 HG per case, and you pulled 4 Clear Cuts in that same same..... and this repeats itself over and over again (i.e. this is a "normal" case) then the Clear Cuts probably have a production run of around 40...... assuming that they're only available in the same type of boxes (and available in ALL of the same boxes) as the Exclusives & HG.

So called "Easter Eggs" (where UD puts a bunch of rare, unannounced inserts into a product) are one of my least favorite things with a lot of their modern products. Not releasing the true odds of pulling many particular cards though - I understand that. They don't want us to know the true production run of their cards.... so they hide that information.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thank you 30ranfordfan & giants1249er

every little bit of info helps, its almost like putting together a puzzle with a couple pieces missing lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Funny how we can use the Be--tt site reference here. But if you mention other card forum sites on Beck__ you get warned , and all your ensuing posts go directly to a moderator before they are allowed to be posted. CENSORED so to speak. I guess they are just feeling the effects of a dramatically reduced and disappointed membership (LOL)
    ******MY PC PLAYER'S MCDAVID, MACKINNON, MATTHEWS, EICHEL AND TO A LESSER EXTENT .....ERIK KARLSSON, PRICE, DROUIN