Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @zslabs See zroddick77's Items on eBay

list.zslabs.com New tool for finding and comparing eBay searches

favicon.png

Hi everyone!

Since getting back into collecting in 2015 after a 15 year hiatus, I’ve been amazed and how the landscape of the sports card industry has changed; with an extremely supportive community.

Since I don’t have a local card shop as I did when I was a kid, eBay has been my go-to for picking up my PC player, Peyton Manning - and I’ve used tools to help me follow multiple searches and pricing trends.

Since I’m a software engineer, I decided a fun project would be to create my own version of these types of tools - something that I can use myself and share with the community.

I just launched https://list.zslabs.com and would love your feedback! Some features I wanted to call-out:

• Mobile-first experience: I wanted List to have a great user experience - no matter the device.
    • Minimal design, smooth animations: Subtle animations and whitespace-driven design throughout provide a great user experience without being too distractive.
    • Reorder search terms via a convenient drag ’n drop.
    • Inline search-term editing and refresh: Each search “panel” has a settings menu that allows you to edit, refresh, sort, or delete. I felt this was a great way to add more power to each term.
    • Local-storage persistence: Search terms are saved to a user’s device, so that later visits will always bring you right back to where you left off.
    • Changelog and feedback form: I want this tool to be a community-driven effort, so making visitors aware of new features and providing a way for them to leave feedback was incredibly important to me.

List is built to work best in modern browsers. I have a bunch of new features I’m working on currently and am really excited for everyone to check it out. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

P.S. For my tech friends - I used React for the frontend and a Lambda function to interact with the eBay API.

FAQ

How does this compare to tools like SortsOf?
    Tools like SortsOf were certainly an inspiration for this project. A common-theme I found with the existing ones I've tried were:
    • Lacking mobile experience: Since many were not responsive, I found it pretty hard to interact with on my phone (click targets were too small, scrolling was a dodgy experience). I also didn't want to have to download an app - as I felt things could be accomplished on the web.
    • No inline editing: There was nothing more frustrating than making a spelling mistake before adding a search, then to have to remove and re-type. Sometimes my searches were pretty specific, so being able to edit inline was a nice piece of user experience I wanted to solve.
    • No reordering: I would frequently have 10-15 searches across these tools and always wished there was a way to reorder them based on the priority I wanted them to take when I was using the tool.

I built List because I thought it'd be a fun project to work on and am very excited to continue to make it better from both my own ideas and feedback from the community. I hope everyone enjoys it!
    Last edited by zschnackel; 09-07-2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Adding FAQ section

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

post is OK to stay.

Interesting concept, what difference does this have vs. other tools like sortsof?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @zslabs See zroddick77's Items on eBay

post is OK to stay.

Interesting concept, what difference does this have vs. other tools like sortsof?

Hi Scott,
    Thank you very much for your question! I went ahead and amended my original post with an answer to your question in the event anyone else that stops by has a similar one. Thanks again and have a great day!