SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    Send PayPal to oxbowspark@gmail.com Member is PayPal Verified

Odd request... Card cutting

I have full sheets of the 1988 Donruss Yankees Team Collection. I'd really like these cut into individual cards, but I don't have the means to do so other than scissors. Lol. I'd really like them to be precisely cut. Does anyone have the ability to do this and would be willing to help me out? We can discuss compensation. Here's what one of the sheets looks like:
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals
    See markw2856's Items on eBay

I have never used SGC for grading but when I read your post I remember reading an article about them cutting and slabbing sheet cards. I know nothing more than that but am sure you could look into them if wanting to do so.

More out of my curiosity. Are you trying to get them graded high? Sending them into say PSA and re-sell them?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics

I have never used SGC for grading but when I read your post I remember reading an article about them cutting and slabbing sheet cards. I know nothing more than that but am sure you could look into them if wanting to do so.

More out of my curiosity. Are you trying to get them graded high? Sending them into say PSA and re-sell them?

Interesting. I'll check out to see if they just cut maybe. Not really planning on getting them grading or reselling. Maybe use for trade bait. Not a lot of stars in the bunch though. Haha. I bought all the sheets just for the Rickey Henderson.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah pretty sure the article I read was from 2018. I don't know for sure but think it was suppose to start in 2019. Not sure if it started or not. Just from what I remember reading is they cut them and slab them and also state that they are like sheet cut in the slab(guessing with grade also).

Rickey Henderson Hmm, never heard of him.haha

I have a TON of those McDonald's GameDay football sheets from back in the day. Wish they were worth more or I would look into it.

I wrote this out and than saw the article I read at the time. So they don't actually cut the sheets but overwatch the company that does cut them and than SGC than grades them. Here is the link to the article...

https://prewarcards.com/2018/11/02/s...l-psa-beckett/
    Last edited by markw2856; 09-10-2019 at 03:13 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dropped my LCS a line about this as I know they have dealt with SGC on some graded stuff before. Figure they have a representative because he forwarded an email he had in reply. I copied and pasted majority of it. That is some crazy costs unless you have a Ruth and Mantle on both sides of the Henderson.

This is a very new and exciting service for us to be offering. We are actually currently sold out of the service, as we received a couple of very large orders as soon as we opened it, and it is estimated at a 6-month wait for new submissions to be accepted.

When we do reopen our sheet cut service, we will be following a structure similar to that below:

• Evaluation Fee--(starts at $250) We make an initial assessment for any sheet cut submission in order to determine which cards will likely be worth grading, the likely range of condition, etc.

• Cutting Fee/ Sheet--(starts at $250) Based on estimated value, this is the fee per sheet for the cutting itself.

• Grading Fees--(starts at $10/card) Once the cards are cut from the sheet, cards are selected for grading based off of the initial assessment and the collector's personal preference and normal grading fees apply.

We will be sharing a release when the service is back open for new submissions with more details on pricing, logistics, and anything else you would need to know as a sheetcut submitter.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I dropped my LCS a line about this as I know they have dealt with SGC on some graded stuff before. Figure they have a representative because he forwarded an email he had in reply. I copied and pasted majority of it. That is some crazy costs unless you have a Ruth and Mantle on both sides of the Henderson.

[FONT="]This is a very new and exciting service for us to be offering. We are actually currently sold out of the service, as we received a couple of very large orders as soon as we opened it, and it is estimated at a 6-month wait for new submissions to be accepted. [/FONT]

[FONT="]When we do reopen our sheet cut service, we will be following a structure similar to that below:[/FONT][FONT="]

• Evaluation Fee--(starts at $250) We make an initial assessment for any sheet cut submission in order to determine which cards will likely be worth grading, the likely range of condition, etc.

• Cutting Fee/ Sheet--(starts at $250) Based on estimated value, this is the fee per sheet for the cutting itself.

• Grading Fees--(starts at $10/card) Once the cards are cut from the sheet, cards are selected for grading based off of the initial assessment and the collector's personal preference and normal grading fees apply.

[/FONT]

[FONT="]
    [/FONT]

We will be sharing a release when the service is back open for new submissions with more details on pricing, logistics, and anything else you would need to know as a sheetcut submitter.

Thanks for sharing.

Don
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each or (5 for $3), Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each or (5 for $4), Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each (3 for $8), Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each or (3 for $7) Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each or (3 for $5), Top Loaders 240 point $2 each or (6 for $10). Prices do not include shipping!!

Check out Truebluecustoms on Instagram!!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    See Musclebeech's Items on eBay

Do you have something like a FedEx office (Kinkos) location close to you? The one by me has a very large paper cutter that works well to cut paper including card stock. (I use the local one to cut my custom cards.)
    I collect mostly baseball (especially current/former Dodgers, Giants, Yankees, and/or Angels) cards/memorabilia as well as football (SF 49ers) cards/memorabilia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics

This is a very new and exciting service for us to be offering. We are actually currently sold out of the service, as we received a couple of very large orders as soon as we opened it, and it is estimated at a 6-month wait for new submissions to be accepted.

When we do reopen our sheet cut service, we will be following a structure similar to that below:

Ouch, yeah, no Mantle or Ruth on there. Lol. I appreciate you taking the time to look into it though.

Do you have something like a FedEx office (Kinkos) location close to you? The one by me has a very large paper cutter that works well to cut paper including card stock. (I use the local one to cut my custom cards.)

I do, I may check that out. I used to have a small photo cutter that would probably work as well if I can find it. Not sure how precise I can be though. Although ultimately it doesn't matter too much since I'm not planning on getting them graded. I shouldn't be too ticky. :)