Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post US basketball team LOSES to France and suffer America's first major tournament defeat since 2006

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...World-Cup.html

After 58 consecutive wins and three Olympic gold medals, the United States men's basketball team has suffered its first defeat since 2006, falling to France, 89-79, in the quarterfinals of the FIBA World Cup in China.

Priot to Wednesday's upset, the US had won 58 consecutive tournament games in FIBA and Olympic competition, starting with the bronze-medal game at the 2006 world championships and continuing through every FIBA Americas, World Cup and Olympics event since.

The American team was bidding to become the first nation to win three consecutive World Cups, after winning three straight Olympic golds in that span.

But the best the Americans can do now in China is finish fifth. They're going home with a berth in the 2020 Olympics secured, but no medal.

France's Evan Fournier scored 22 points, Rudy Gobert added 21 points and 16 rebounds as France rallied from a seven-point fourth-quarter deficit to pull off the upset and advance to the semifinals.

France now moves on to face Argentina in the tournament semifinals on Friday.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not really a big shock. That roster is lackluster and inexperienced together. You have a lot more duds than studs

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Not really a big shock. That roster is lackluster and inexperienced together. You have a lot more duds than studs

Yeah so many guys turned down the opportunity to play this year. Country pride is far from what it was in the 1990s. Not sure many people care much about Team USA anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I don't know the construction of the team but I look for the roster to be shaken up for the Olympics. I am disappointed so many guys dropped out but at the same time I never even watched any of these games. Majority of NBA players are getting ready for the upcoming season and I don't think they really view this as much of a tournament.

A lot of these foreign teams have been playing together for years. US brought a low grade All Star team that was just assembled this summer. That might even be stretching it a bit. Kemba Walker and Khris Middleton were the only 2019 NBA All Stars on the roster, Kemba Walker was the only 2018 NBA All Star on the roster. Throw in you need good shooters during international play and this team was flat out horrible.

International teams have gotten better over the years no doubt. I just look for a stronger roster at the Olympics. Dream Team(minus Laettner) was the most amazing team ever.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=markw2856;14814157Dream Team(minus Laettner) was the most amazing team ever.[/QUOTE]

For sure. Put Shaq on that team and it would have been perfection.