Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Hockey cards on Instagram

I've been told there is a fairly active community on Instagram. Are there people that buy and sell there? I have Twitter, but other than that I'm weary of how time-wasting social media can be. If I were to join Instagram, what should I be in the lookout for?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I’ve been on there for about a year. The only deal I made was a purchase. The seller took 2 weeks to ship and it came it a PWE.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its like joining any new platform. IG has lots of the younger generartion ( lots of kids in the 15 - 19 range ). Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily. But you do need to watch out with who you deal with ..... like I said, like joining any new platform.

If you can look past kids being kids, its a pretty enjoyable platform to use. Ive had an active account for about 6-8 months now and have amassed around 550 followers. I tend to not follow everyone back simply because they are annoying / dont like how they conduct themselves online / are "kids being kids" too much ..... but I have made quite a few deals ( sales, trades and purchases ) on IG alone.

There are quite a few of the forum guys on there. Tuukkatime, creasecollector, rinkrathobbies ..... and there is a decent sized higher end community as well.

A few things to watch for:
    - Like any platform, scammers. There is no real way to police / leave feedback for another person. And just because they have 1000+ followers doesnt mean they are legit. Just need to be careful with who you deal with. One main reason why I wanted to get a decent amount of followers, is because before I make a deal I post about the person im dealing with asking for others experiences. I dont just comply because they say theyve done "X" amount of deals or if they link me their "Legit" post.

- There will be a lot of people asking to trade their junk for your nicer stuff. It happens here, it will happen there.

- If you rub someone the wrong way .... they will just call you out on their page as being a scammer. Ive been posted about 3-4 times now, where I was called a scammer, when I had never dealt with this person before. Its like they think they can bully you into sending 1st or making a deal when you dont want to. The smart people think for themselves, the followers just put you into the "scammer" category because theyre mindless sheep and you have less followers than the other person ..... you dont want to deal with them anyways.

- People who put "I am not responsible for lost / damaged mail" in their bio = I wont deal with you. A lot of people seem to like to use this as a defense for a package not arriving, which basically means "ive scammed you but because I can blame the post office, I will and this is acceptable". I will never deal with someone who has this in their bio.

Overall, I am happy to be on the IG platform. The younger generation doesnt seem to join the fourms too often, and ebay is very impersonal. Through IG, ive made deals with people I would have never met in the hobby otherwise. Its another great tool to use to flip items as your items go out to the masses instantly.

Its best to try and establish a few people you actually trust, and if you have any doubts simply ask around before pulling the trigger. Ive made $500+ purchases and sales on IG with people who only use the IG platform and everything went smooth.

If you decide on making an account for cards, add me - 1luongocollector
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Thanks for the info! How do you go about finding people to deal with? Is it basically just word-of-mouth?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info! How do you go about finding people to deal with? Is it basically just word-of-mouth?

Hashtags will gain you followers. People who dont put hashtags in their post somewhere are harder to find.

You can also just follow a ton of people, and hope they follow you back.

For example, for a Cup Crosby Rookie post, your hashtags would look something like

#nhl #hockey #hockeycards #pittsbughpenguins #penguins #pittsburgh #crosby #sidneycrosby #upperdeck #rookie #auto #patch #thecup

Just throw in whatever's relevant

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I've been told there is a fairly active community on Instagram. Are there people that buy and sell there? I have Twitter, but other than that I'm weary of how time-wasting social media can be. If I were to join Instagram, what should I be in the lookout for?

It's active, yeah. Lots of veterans and newcomers to the hobby and it's nice to see that mix. Not a tight knit "community" like you see on forums, which sucks, but I'm all in for expanding my collection reach and seeing when/where I can pickup cards I need for my collection. So I do see a lot of value in joining any card avenues you can in order to find PC cards you're on the lookout for, especially the cards of the rarer variety. You just never know who has them.

I’ve been on there for about a year. The only deal I made was a purchase. The seller took 2 weeks to ship and it came it a PWE.

This can happen a lot, as there are no MODs or forum rules to adhere to, so it can be a little risky for sure. I've seen so many users on Instagram complain about scams it's nuts. It's calmed down I think, but it's so easy to disappear on social media so it's always a risk involved.

my username on Instagram is the same on here ( @ creasecollector ) so feel free to add me and I'll throw you a follow on there. I'm pretty active on there as I try to share my new pickups with my followers.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Check my page out at @TheBig3Hockey