Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's Been a Fun 12 Years

Ever since I walked into that bingo hall in Halifax way back when and got myself a Carey Price OPC RC, I've been hooked on cards. I've built a lot of great relationships, made some amazing friends, and amassed one heck of a cool Habs collection. From the really cool time putting together the Canadiens Centennial collection to actually providing UD with considerable input on designing a subset, so much of my Habs fandom has been intricately linked to my card collecting.

I've had a lot of highs and lows with the team and the collection. Mostly highs on both fronts. A few negative moments here and there...you learn more from those than you do about the good ones, so it's all perspective, really.

My passion for collecting has dimmed considerably in recent months. I get the odd flare here and there, and sometimes I still land that really cool card that puts a big grin on my face. And then they go into the box, one of the boxes. I get a kick out of seeing people showing off their new acquisitions and I enjoy being around the hobby in many ways. But personally, the level of joy for adding new stuff for myself just isn't what it used to be. And I'm OK with that.

So it's with all that said that I'll be putting up a large portion of my collection for sale. I've got some life goals that I want to start hitting, and like anything in life, that costs money. I'll be going through it all to find out what I still want to keep and what I can let go of; I'll probably hang on to 15-20 cards of each player, more for Carey and probably won't bother with the Gorges collection unless he wants it. I think that's still pretty decent and will keep me connected. I'll possibly still be wow'd occasionally by a new release and add new stuff. There are some exciting rookies in the Habs pipeline and it'd be a shame not to have a YG or an FWA of some of those guys.

A big thanks to everybody who I've dealt with over the years. You guys are all great. I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here to help oversee the forums and run the contests, but you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the Buying/Selling thread as a seller in the weeks & months ahead.

I know there's a ton of fellow great Canadiens fans & collectors here. Y'all can check out my Inventory and let me know if there's stuff you like. As I said, I'm not moving everything, but a large portion of it will be up for grabs.
    Check it out here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/...page/200/pc/1/

I'll get more detailed in the sales thread(s).

All right, that's that for me for now. Gotta get ready for some fantasy hockey pools and stuff eh? GO HABS GO!

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Good luck with your new projects! I'm on a similar path, I slowed down a lot on wax, I'm not starting new sets. Mostly looking to finish old sets, move trabebait towards Habs and Nordiques, and starting to downsize my collection and my tradebait.

12 years, time goes so fast! I started trading online in 02-03, that's quite a few years too :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best of luck in whatever you do. This site will be here if you ever get the itch and passion to collect stain like you shown in the past. Enjoy life as it way too short!

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Good luck with your new projects! I'm on a similar path, I slowed down a lot on wax, I'm not starting new sets. Mostly looking to finish old sets, move trabebait towards Habs and Nordiques, and starting to downsize my collection and my tradebait.

12 years, time goes so fast! I started trading online in 02-03, that's quite a few years too :)

It really has zipped past. When I heard Carey talking about "being on the back nine" for his career now, man, it feels like just yesterday I met him for the first time when he was a rookie and I wished him good luck on making the team. So many years later! LOL

Best of luck in whatever you do. This site will be here if you ever get the itch and passion to collect stain like you shown in the past. Enjoy life as it way too short!

Don

Oh for sure - and I'll still be here regularly helping with the contests and everything else. Plus you know those crafty guys at UD, they'll come up with something cool that I have to have. LOL A good Habs season often helps too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont really know you, but good luck anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Good luck with the future endeavors. Hope that passion returns soon

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck with the future endeavors. Hope that passion returns soon

I was kind of hoping it would too. But increasingly I'm finding that I'm almost forcing myself to take interest in certain things, and it's just not as much fun as it used to be. I'm long past the point of having to "collect 'em all" but I think just some of the changes in the hobby in recent years haven't really been designed for long-term prosperity and the fun factor. Yeah cards have never been more valuable than they are now, but something feels a bit lost in all of it for me. Totally a personal thing.

Who knows, maybe a good year for the Habs will be what I need to get that inspiration back!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, glad to hear that you have other things in life besides collecting (I think we all need that) but I hope we'll get to still see you around here. You're a good source of information, both about the Habs and the hobby and you play a big role in making the hockey part of SCF go smoothly.

Best of luck moving forward, hope to have the opportunity to still deal with you in the future.

GOHABSGO!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I was kind of hoping it would too. But increasingly I'm finding that I'm almost forcing myself to take interest in certain things, and it's just not as much fun as it used to be. I'm long past the point of having to "collect 'em all" but I think just some of the changes in the hobby in recent years haven't really been designed for long-term prosperity and the fun factor. Yeah cards have never been more valuable than they are now, but something feels a bit lost in all of it for me. Totally a personal thing.

Who knows, maybe a good year for the Habs will be what I need to get that inspiration back!

Richard, I am in the same boat! It just isn't the same. Nobody trades anymore and that's a key problem for me. If you don't have the hot rookies or the newest releases, you are irrelevant now.

Best of luck!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Richard, best of luck with everything moving forward. You and your collection is awesome, and I hope you hang onto all your Gorges stuff if/when the itch comes back, as I would hate for you to feel any regret if you move it. I went through something similar a few years back and decided to hang onto most of my PC stuff and the fire for this great hobby did eventually comeback and has been alive every since.

I'm sure you've thought about this a lot and you'll make the best decision that fits your goals. The hobby and its collectors will always be here when you need it.

I hope the Habs (and Carey) have a monster year ahead of them.

All the best, friend!
    Last edited by creasecollector; 09-16-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast