Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could spot the flaw from 20 feet away on this PSA 10 Olajuwon RC

I've been trying to learn more about the grading processes in an effort to know what to expect when sending in cards for grading. I have seen so many 8s that look better than 9s, and several 10s with clear flaws, but this one takes the cake for me. This is just terrible. How does this happen? You can't fool anyone with this card. Is there something I'm missing here? This Olajuwon RC that is currently on eBay by PWCC is graded a GEM MINT 10 by PSA!!! I could spot that top left corner issue from 20 feet away, maybe even 30 feet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Fleer-Basketball-Hakeem-Olajuwon-ROOKIE-RC-82-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC/352796094267?hash=item5224492f3b:g:GGUAAOSw1vtdg~9 6

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh look another PWCC auction.....

There is nothing wrong with your eyes and if you want to know how or why this happens all you have to know is that some of the big time graders and guys who are friends with the grading companies basically pay off the companies to get grades. If they submit enough cards the grading companies will guarantee that they will get so many of each grade so this was probably the best of the bunch to get submitted which is why it was awarded one of the weakest 10s around.

Grading may have been legit but the last 10 years or so has just been a money grab and things are just going to get worse as the pool of ungraded cards continues to shrink.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/